• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand in India Nov-Dec 2021 Thread***

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Somerville into attack... Looks like it's going to be another defensive spell. That said he bowls a bit slower through the air compared to Rachin.

nzfan

Meanwhile Sunny G on air " If India get a lead of 200, they will win I think. If Ravindra is getting so much turn, imagine how much turn Axar & co. will get." I agree with his thoughts.
Rest, will hope against hope that his words don't come true.
Best of luck Kiwis.
Bowled very tidy, good lines and length for sure but barring maybe one or two balls I didn't see Ravindra getting prodigious variable bounce or turn. I think the pitch is still flat and we've bowled really well.

nzfan

I see the point in not bowling off spin to right handers unless the offie has a very good arm ball or the ball that goes the other way. Particularly with field spread it's so much easier to tick over.

Hope Somerville grabs couple of wickets. Don't think he's going to make the team after this series. Likely the last year series for him.

nzfan

Good session of test cricket. Great watch. Not bad from us, haven't given too many away and still in the hunt. India will be feeling another 30-40 runs they'll start feeling really confident

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Could it be that KW and think tank have decided it will be Sommerville and Rachin as spinners for next test and Wagner comes in for Patel? Cant understand why else he wont bowl.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Could it be that KW and think tank have decided it will be Sommerville and Rachin as spinners for next test and Wagner comes in for Patel? Cant understand why else he wont bowl.
I'd be dropping Somerville with their plethora of RHers. Patel has been sub-par in this Test but he's taken all 3 spin wickets and will get better.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Whatever the chase is, if I see ****ing Umesh and Ishant with the new ball, Rahane will be the worst Indian captain I have ever seen. And I have seen Sehwag captain.

nzfan

I guess the plan was all right. Bowl tight from one end which Rachin did well. Ajaz likely needed some rest too mull over what to bowl etc... There's no way Ajaz will be dropped he's our prime spinner

Kirkut

International Regular
NZ can still win this game, they have resolute openers and KW.

Unless of course the pitch goes wild and Axar switches to demon mode again.

nzfan

Bugger... That was our chance. Tough to bowl at an offie to these Indian batters. They milk it... And then Somerville goes flat.