• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand in India Nov-Dec 2021 Thread***

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Feel for Latham. Was a hell of an odyssey scraping his way to 95, surviving 3 incorrect dismissals and countless close shaves on a difficult surface only to misjudge one and be dismissed 5 short of what would’ve been undoubtedly his greatest 100 for NZ.

The one thing I will say is he could’ve used a bit of Young’s bravery. Too often Latham danced down the wicket, and got perfectly to the pitch, only to pat the ball away into the onside for a single. If he’d opted for a few more lofted drives it could’ve been the difference between a score of 120 and what he got.

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
What a game this is poised to be. Not been following much in recent weeks before started the new job and been very busy - however, I feel India have been a bit overboard with resting so many star players against the world champions.

Hurricane2

U19 Cricketer
I think the New Zealand tactics did show a lack of intent apart from Will young. A run rate of 2.0 for the inning was too timid.
You can’t make runs by sitting around waiting for a bad ball and blocking all the good balls.
The good news is that we did pretty good anyway. Cricket seasons are based on momentum from game to game. We will probably lose this but we have momentum from this test based on giving India a stern challenge. We have put up a real fight in this match and that will serve us well in the next match. We probably lost this game at the toss. Who ever batted 4th was going to lose. If we win the toss in the next match we could come out 1-1
Heads held high New Zealand. If a bad effort for New Zealand in 2021 is putting on 295 against India in India then we are a good side that performs consistently.

Hurricane2

U19 Cricketer
I will say this when it is not temporally appropriate
Shubman Gill is the future and Shreyas should be discarded with. Iyer does not have a future proofed modus operandi while Gill is the real deal.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
You get very little sun in Kanpur? It's so mysty in the morning and the sun goes down at 4.30

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
looks like the ball is slightly reversing already. That outswinger from Southee is coming in slightly and that's why he's missing his line.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I dont get the Gill hate here suddenly. I mean, even Sachin got bowled first ball not moving his feet. I realize he has issues and right now we have 3 openers whose big backlifts comes across the ball and will always be LBW and bowled candidates but I think Gill, esp. as a middle order batsman, can work out these chinks over time. VVS never moved his feet much either and he was great as a #5/6.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
NZ need to be so accurate today. While it's true NZ batting got bogged down yesterday and possibly could've benefited from more #intent like Young showed, it was also partly due to the absence of loose balls from India's spinners. Southee and Jamieson will do their thing but at least two of the three spinners need a good day - no straying onto the legs pls Ajaz. Consistently put the ball on the spot and the pitch will do the rest.