• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in India 2012

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Milne in the India T20 and T20 world cup 15-man squad. Should keep the we-want-faaast-bowlerzz crowd happy. They said he impressed in winter development camp - wonder if he's modified his action or anything because it looked extremely straight-up-and-down and not generating any movement from the clips I saw last season.

No other real surprises though with Vettori and NcCullum it's hard to see Hira getting a game.
I saw him get some definite outswing when he was bowling with the new ball during the Ford Trophy or whatever the hell our List A competition is called now.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Milne in the India T20 and T20 world cup 15-man squad. Should keep the we-want-faaast-bowlerzz crowd happy. They said he impressed in winter development camp - wonder if he's modified his action or anything because it looked extremely straight-up-and-down and not generating any movement from the clips I saw last season.

No other real surprises though with Vettori and NcCullum it's hard to see Hira getting a game.
So the Buchanan Littlejohn selection criteria now not only includes excel spreadsheets, but KPIs in the indoor nets as well?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
No, can't say I've ever really looked at Milne and seen a successful international bowler just waiting to burst through. (Zero videos were given that day. Zero ****s may be given about this whole T20 World Cup campaign throughout NZ tbh).
LOL - peeps will jump on the bandwagon if we make the semis.

We have 3 good T20 bats - McCullum, Taylor, and Guptil
And one star T20 bowler Vettori

We have a chance of making the semis if Baz is player of the tournament.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
LOL - peeps will jump on the bandwagon if we make the semis.

We have 3 good T20 bats - McCullum, Taylor, and Guptil
And one star T20 bowler Vettori

We have a chance of making the semis if Baz is player of the tournament.
Considering how we've spent the last few years being dragged by the bandwagon through multiple puddles of mud and every kind of **** imaginable, I think we'll be well within our rights to.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Man are the Kiwis loved here at CW.. :)

would love to see them win the T20 WC just for the sake of you great fans.. :)
CW's never been about "fans", let's face it. Bahnz tried to do you all a good turn with his NZ doom and gloom thread, but what we'll probably need shortly is a 'preferred or suspected New Zealand teams for the next match' thread. I can sort of appreciate how that ****'s only going to seem even more tedious and indulgent to people who are quickly trying to get up to speed on a minor tour.

You'll be pleased with this positivity though, I've threaded the CW needle and made Milne, de Grandhomme and Colin Munro all look quite good.
Adam Milne, Jan-Feb 2012 - YouTube

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Rumours abound that Laxman is going to announce his retirement in the next couple of days. Good decision that if true.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Rumours abound that Laxman is going to announce his retirement in the next couple of days. Good decision that if true.
If Laxman to retire soon; then it should be before this series taking into consideration that for any new face or someone who's making a come back like Raina to play at known and home condition before settling for away series. It'll be good in long run

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Welcome back Suresh? Would prefer Laxman ITBT.
AWTA.

Would even prefer Rohit over Suresh. Stupid selectors keep selecting based on ODI's.

Ya Rahane opening and Sehwag in the middle order.
Both are basically middle order FC batsman who can open. Though Sehwag has established himself there now, and might as well stick with him.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
If Laxman to retire soon; then it should be before this series taking into consideration that for any new face or someone who's making a come back like Raina to play at known and home condition before settling for away series. It'll be good in long run
The rumours say he will retire after this series.

And i would rather he does it that way, because 1) he deserves a nice swansong series with the first test in his home ground at Hyderabad and 2) Raina is bound to do well against Newzealand at home so i rather him not get the chance here, so then he can go and fail in another series somewhere.

Also, the next few series are still at home anyways IIRC.