• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Bangladesh

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
With just 2 more wickets in hand? I reckon we would probably score around 10-15 more max! If lucky and the remaining batters play sensibly, then maybe 35-40 which would definitely put us in a much-much more safer place in the match :)!
Reckon they should be looking to add 30 or so TBH. Mashrafe and Razzak are not mugs by any stretch, especially on a pitch like this when they aren't going to get much of a workover from short, fast bowling. Don't really have any faith in Shahadat but I would not be surprised if these two added a few tomorrow morning.

Julian87

State Captain
This amazing performance makes the non selection of Fulton even more ridiculous. I really hope he is there in that top/middle order in Australia.

Polo23

International Debutant
jeez, Islam got sawn off by Asoka. That never looked out at all.
You reckon? I thought it was a 50/50 decision, but I definitely didn't think it was as bad as others he has made in this match. Looked to be hitting leg for mine...and it didn't look as though he got an edge (though hard to tell, given the ****ty technology available).

Anyway...does anyone else think Bangladesh will get absolutely mauled anywhere outside of the sub-continent? Even on this slow pitch which hardly bounces waste high they struggled against short pitched bowling...especially Siddique. Anything short of a length and Siddique looked troubled...a bit of a worry if you are going to a place like South Africa (which I believe they tour soon), Australia or England.

A good game on our hands now that Vettori got those late wickets...we need to be far more positive against their spinners, we can't just let them bowl and try to block them out. If it is tossed up, USE YOUR ****ING FEET!

If we just start blocking, and let Shakib and Razzak settle into a nice rhythm, then we lose. I hope the batsmen have learnt something.

cricman

International 12th Man
I'm too nervous to follow Day 4, I'm just gonna sleep and Wake up and hope for the best, I have no faith in Razzak his numbers speak for themselves ... I'd be much more Confident to have Ashraful or Naeem spell with Shakib. Mortaza needs to Amend him self for dropping Ponting during that Test .. he's got 2 chances with the Bat and the Ball

*Last Time Ever I trust on Ash doing something with the Bat, Sachin is the Man*

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
You reckon? I thought it was a 50/50 decision, but I definitely didn't think it was as bad as others he has made in this match. Looked to be hitting leg for mine...and it didn't look as though he got an edge (though hard to tell, given the ****ty technology available).

Anyway...does anyone else think Bangladesh will get absolutely mauled anywhere outside of the sub-continent? Even on this slow pitch which hardly bounces waste high they struggled against short pitched bowling...especially Siddique. Anything short of a length and Siddique looked troubled...a bit of a worry if you are going to a place like South Africa (which I believe they tour soon), Australia or England.

A good game on our hands now that Vettori got those late wickets...we need to be far more positive against their spinners, we can't just let them bowl and try to block them out. If it is tossed up, USE YOUR ****ING FEET!

If we just start blocking, and let Shakib and Razzak settle into a nice rhythm, then we lose. I hope the batsmen have learnt something.
To me only Tamim plays short pitched stuff with any conviction. Ashraful and Shakib aren't too shabby either. Siddique is pretty poor sometimes but he's a young guy.

Athlai

Not Terrible
imo the Islam lbw was missing leg stump by a fair margin, having hardly turned at all
Well the umpirings been shocking in general TBH. There have been a few absolutely perfect balls that haven't got a wicket.

Shocking umpires, shocking commentators. Interesting tour if anything. :ph34r:

Polo23

International Debutant
imo the Islam lbw was missing leg stump by a fair margin, having hardly turned at all
I thought it would have hit leg, or atleast clipped it. So I didn't think it was an entirely terrible decision. Again, probably a 50/50.

Anyway, considering all the decisions that have gone against NZ it was about time we got one back. Now we just need about 3 more to go our way and we will be back on level terms.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
My bet of these two making a 50+ run partnership oh so close to paying off big time.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've only got cricinfo to go by, are these two playing out of their skins or is it a really docile track that they're on? If it's the latter I'd expect NZ to get home unless there's some sort of collective brain explosion.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain
Haha O'Brian was quarelling with Mortaza over something. From past experiances, this guy Mashrafe is one person who should not be pissed off! The result is hazardous.....take that Vettori 4 as an example!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Reckon they should be looking to add 30 or so TBH. Mashrafe and Razzak are not mugs by any stretch, especially on a pitch like this when they aren't going to get much of a workover from short, fast bowling. Don't really have any faith in Shahadat but I would not be surprised if these two added a few tomorrow morning.
:cool: