• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Bangladesh

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That catch singlehandedly lifts our fielding in this match from abysmal to very very poor.

Well done Ross Taylor.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain
@ irfan: You spoke a little too soon!

Alas! Shakib has departed and with that out any chance of crossing that 300 run lead barrier! I hope the tail wags long enough for a lead of a total of 275 or a bit more even!

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Go **** yourself.
Don't have a witty comeback for this.

So your point is that we're playing **** for various reasons, including the coach, selections,mismanagement - basically anything but blaming the players except for a throwaway comment about "generally **** batting efforts".
Why don't you ignore all my other comments on this being a disgraceful effort from us then? I've been pointing out problems with our side and NZ cricket for a while now. We've been absolutely shameful on this tour after having an alright tour of England, which wasn't without it's own disgraceful batting points.never

The technique has been average at times, but the biggest issue for me is the absolute lack of value placed on a player's wicket. If the going is tough in the middle, harden up - block out a few maidens, start leaving more balls when possible (not usually so much of an option against spinners) and refrain from lashing out at good length balls because you have no other options.
Agreed. It seems as though most of the batsmen have gone into this tour with the attitude that Bangladesh are easy beats, and even if someone fails, someone else will pick up the slack. Not good enough.

Again, go **** yourself. I've supported New Zealand a lot longer than you (my heartache stems back to when we were cheated out of a win by crooked home umpires at Melbourne in 1987/8) but the care factor from this team - bar Vettori and spirited efforts from the likes of O'Brien and Mills - is the most pathetic aspect of this side and is a chronic illness that has worked its way into a bunch of prima donnas who wouldn't know a hard day's work if it rogered them up the backside. So how about you gtfo?
Apart from the repetitive insult, I agree. And why would I get the **** out? I officially support the team, and you don't now apparently.

Why don't you have another flounce and vow never to return, again?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dan!

His all-round efforts in this match haven't been too shabby either tbf.

Natman20

International Debutant
two more wickets tommorrow ... and we might have a very close game on our hands. Or not when thinking of NZs batting fragility. Elliot for Flynn next time.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain
Stumps on Day 3 and Bangladesh lead by 258 runs so far.

If only Mortaza could repeat the heroic batting performances he had performed against India in those two tests last year at home :)!

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I think New Zealand will win this, but it doesn't change what has been an appaulling performance by everyone save Vettori and O'Brien. I didn't see any of it, was the fielding as bad today as it was on day 1?

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Oh this is an interesting bit of article I would like to recall to support my point and stance on how crap this umpire from SL really is!:

Umpire Asoka fails English exam
Agence France-Presse . Colombo

Sri Lanka’s first-class umpires have cried foul over a competitive examination conducted in English by the cricket governing body to rank them for international matches.
Umpires who lacked English knowledge protested and walked out blaming the authorities for not holding the test in Sinhalese, an official language on par with Tamil in this former British colony.
‘We felt that we were discriminated by not having the examination in Sinhalese,’ an umpire who boycotted the exam told AFP.
‘Had we gone to courts based on the fundamental and the constitutional right of citizens to conduct business in the language of their choice, we could have obtained an order to annul the examination.’
Just five out of the 28 first class-umpires who sat the examination late last month were able to obtain pass marks.
Among those who failed were Asoka de Silva, an ICC international panelist who had also served on the elite panel of the world governing body.
The exam was conducted by Sri Lanka Cricket umpires committee to rank the first three local umpires in order to be nominated for the ICC’s international panel.
Currently only two Sri Lankans, Asoka de Silva and Tyrone Wijewardena, figure in the ICC international panel.
The aggrieved umpires said umpiring standards in the island were dropping due to bungling and favouritism practised by officials.
They want the examination results to be ignored and selections based on individual performances.

GGG

State Captain
two more wickets tommorrow ... and we might have a very close game on our hands. Or not when thinking of NZs batting fragility. Elliot for Flynn next time.
I have a feeling Bracewell or someone is holding a grudge against him, no other reason I can think of as to why he wasn't playing in the ODI's.

GGG

State Captain
Actually can anyone tell me the reason behind picking Flynn? I mean if you are going to go with a up and coming player wouldn't Broom or Hay have made a better choice?

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

What a match Shakib is having! Hopefully, add another 50 runs tomorrow and Bangladesh could win this match!
With just 2 more wickets in hand? I reckon we would probably score around 10-15 more max! If lucky and the remaining batters play sensibly, then maybe 35-40 which would definitely put us in a much-much more safer place in the match :)!