• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Bangladesh

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Aww.....poor Mortaza given out and he is not too happy with it!

But oh well :)! Here we go after lunch!

Lead by 316.....very good score! 322 would have been nicer as Mashrafe could have also gotten his 50 :D!

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
its gonna be tough but they better ****ing well chase that down. If Flynn doesnt make a decent conribution this time then bring back 2 meter peter!

~DanVettoriFan~

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
If they bat like men, with their feet, and not like pansies we will hopefully chase down the target!!! :ph34r:

It's not like we don't have enough time ffs. :dry:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If NZ all bat to their averages they will make around 230, assume perhaps 20 extras, where is the other 60 to 70 runs going to come from?

I think Redmond desperately needs a decent score today, min of 50.

~DanVettoriFan~

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
If NZ all bat to their averages they will make around 230, assume perhaps 20 extras, where is the other 60 to 70 runs going to come from?

Oh don't you worry. Daniel Vettori will get 100 given the chance.

He would have got 100 if he had more batting partners the yesterday! :unsure: :happy:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How often do we see Iain O'Brien take the key wicket in test matches? If we've seen a better delivery than that which extracted Razzaq, I'd sure like to see it! This man is a modern day Adonis and someone that we should all look up to and try to emulate! Why, only today at indoor I saw someone trying to emulate Our Hero's dismissal in the first innings of this test! A delight for both men and women to adore! My God, I'd like a dose of his DNA!! :wub:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
How often do we see Iain O'Brien take the key wicket in test matches? If we've seen a better delivery than that which extracted Razzaq, I'd sure like to see it! This man is a modern day Adonis and someone that we should all look up to and try to emulate! Why, only today at indoor I saw someone trying to emulate Our Hero's dismissal in the first innings of this test! A delight for both men and women to adore! My God, I'd like a dose of his DNA!! :wub:
Is it possible that O'Brien is hitting his peak as a bowler, at age 32? Seems to be a completely different one from a couple of years ago. People grow into being better bowlers with time, which seems to be the case with Iain.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing

Yeah I'm hoping this is the innings where Redmond converts one, otherwise we'll be looking for a new guy to open In Australia.

We've got quite a while to get these runs. We need to do it at a reasonable pace - not too fast in that we throw away our wickets ala McCullum, but not too slow so the spinners tie us down. A RR of 3 an over is what we should be aiming for.

How with a six! How about that? :ph34r:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Is it possible that O'Brien is hitting his peak as a bowler, at age 32? Seems to be a completely different one from a couple of years ago. People grow into being better bowlers with time, which seems to be the case with Iain.
Well he's always had a particularly good First Class record; it's possible that he was just overly nervous in those first few Tests he played and needed a couple more games to feel comfortable within himself.

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
O' Brien has really suprised me. I didnt rate him at all before the England series but then he had a good couple of tests there and has been the best of ours quicks in this test. Im starting to reconsider my thinking...

sportychic33

State 12th Man
Yeah I'm hoping this is the innings where Redmond converts one, otherwise we'll be looking for a new guy to open In Australia.

We've got quite a while to get these runs. We need to do it at a reasonable pace - not too fast in that we throw away our wickets ala McCullum, but not too slow so the spinners tie us down. A RR of 3 an over is what we should be aiming for.

How with a six! How about that? :ph34r:
Go How!
Sensing today might be his day.

thierry henry

International Coach
O'Brien was never that bad. It was just that he was so far down the pecking order when first selected that he became the embodiment of a mediocre NZ seamer. tbh I think he's turned out to be exactly what he always was, which is a brisk-ish seamer of marginally test standard

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
O'Brien was never that bad. It was just that he was so far down the pecking order when first selected that he became the embodiment of a mediocre NZ seamer. tbh I think he's turned out to be exactly what he always was, which is a brisk-ish seamer of marginally test standard
I was agreeing with out for the first sentance, but then you do and spoil it all. Marginally test standard?!? He combines the guile of Hadlee with the classic good looks of Caddick!

In short, he has it all!