• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Bangladesh & Sri Lanka 2013

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I back their call to play the best side. But to be fair I would've been saying that even if they'd won the first game or indeed even wrapped up the series by the second game tbh.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Is their last cricket at home for 12 months. They have enough Sri Lanka A vs. Board XI, Yellows vs. Maroons contrived stuff as it is.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah you're missing the point. They planned on changing the team around a lot in the next game if they won the first one - that was the youth policy - but now that the series is on the line they're going to have to stick to their strongest eleven which is the side that played the first ODI.
Considering factors such as the home conditions & the diabolical state of their opposition, that's a pathetic vote of confidence by the Lankan team/selectors. Almost equivalent to the All Blacks feeling they need to play their absolute full strength side to play a second string Welsh rugby team in New Zealand.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
cricinfo said:
Sanath Jayasuriya, Sri Lanka's chief selector, said the other day, "If they are not at full strength I don't see why we should be at our full strength", which could be a good signal for the young guys.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Only 7 all-rounders. Just a shame we don't have a keeper that can also bowl, to really give the side the desired MULTI-SKILLZ feel.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Dillers enjoying Milners. Hopefully he gets an opportunity to bowl at the less experienced like Karuneratners. Oh great catch by Neeshamers.

BINGO BABY THAT'S OUT!

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Wow - I hope they prove me wrong (not that they'll get to bat due to rain) but that is perhaps the weakest NZ top 6 I can remember. Dare I say it, but I'd far prefer to see Fulton and Franklin (and obviously Watling) out there.

PS Millsy!

Zinzan

I'm beginning to wonder if broadcasters are simply sparing the expense of using a speed-gun because it's New Zealand playing. After-all, they usually operate with speed-guns in SL don't they?

Flem274*

123/5
Milners did beat the bat and draw the edge to be fair Bahnzers. Don't look away, because it's all happening right here in Lanka!

Millsers catches old Karu with his little flick off the pads there. Great catch by Jimmy Neeshers.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Still struggling with that one or two 4 balls an over.

They speed radar they had for last years odis was pretty half assed too. Kept reading Milne at about 90 kph.

Zinzan

Wow - I hope they prove me wrong (not that they'll get to bat due to rain) but that is perhaps the weakest NZ top 6 I can remember.
Would happen to most sides missing their top 5 ODI batsmen to be fair.

Dare I say it, but I'd far prefer to see Fulton and Franklin (and obviously Watling) out there.

PS Millsy!
Fulton or Franklin, no thanks, been there done that, although I will grant you Watling.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Sucks for Dimuth, he was in top form in the 'A' games, the next 2 partnerships to set up a big total before the washout