• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Australia 2019/20

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Do you get those long evenings in the Aussie summers like England or the US where you get sunlight till like 9 PM or something?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Cool, thanks. Was wondering coz in those conditions the definition of day/night cricket as well as the timings will become even more crucial.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I love that Sky is showing highlights of the 1985 series this week. Wonderful footage.

For anyone that missed it, the Brisbane test will be replayed tomorrow at 6am and 5:30pm.

Last edited:

Burgey

Perth is at least very dry though. O/c that won't make 40+ conditions any more comfortable....
Makes it a lot more comfortable generally

From what I’ve seen of it so far, the new Perth deck has a fair bit of pace and bounce, which should suit both these bowling units

Last edited:

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
I love that Sky is showing highlights of the 1985 series this week. Wonderful footage.

For anyone that missed it, the Brisbane test will be replayed tomorrow at 6am and 5:30pm.
Great highlights. Noticed that even in 1985 Bill Lawry was saying NZ should declare about 200 runs before they actually did.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Eight pm or so generally sees us out in Sydney in summer.

Later than what we get in India but I guess its better than what I have seen in the US and UK. So if its 8 at sunset, it usually means just one session or less than that under full artificial lights right?

Burgey

Yeah pretty much. In the height of summer you can play without lights, albeit at a much lower level, until about 7.30-7.45 or so. We used in one day games if needed.

But I think the main value of a D/N test is more that you can get down to the ground on your way back from the beach or the shops.

SillyCowCorner1

There should be an option for a drive-in style viewing of D/N tests. Young lovers would drive in and watch as the pink ball flies from left to right, right to left.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
More seriously though, I have always wondered if they should do like session by session tickets too. So in this case, the folks who just wanna watch the evening session that happens under lights can pay like may 1/3 of the full day fare?

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
More seriously though, I have always wondered if they should do like session by session tickets too. So in this case, the folks who just wanna watch the evening session that happens under lights can pay like may 1/3 of the full day fare?
I’d like to watch the lunchtime entire stadium ticket inspection for those that just bought tickets for the first session.