• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Australia 2019/20

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
More seriously though, I have always wondered if they should do like session by session tickets too. So in this case, the folks who just wanna watch the evening session that happens under lights can pay like may 1/3 of the full day fare?
HB, this is probably the best thing you've ever posted imho. Should be easy enough to do in this day and age.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Henry might not be a bad shout in the Perth Test, is the niggling thought that might be in Stead's head. I know he's not had that many opportunities but I haven't seen too much that suggests he's anything but a white ball bowler (and this from someone who rates him)

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
yeah absolutely rate him as an ODI bowler on decks with any spice in them, but you can't be a test bowler only being effective the first 10 overs of an innings

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
Nothing against Henry, but I think they missed a trick by not selecting Ferguson for the second test against England. If there's any doubt about Boult's fitness for Perth, surely they have to bring him into the starting XI.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Depends on how the selectors are viewing the conditions at Perth (feels so odd not referring to the WACA anymore). If they think the pink ball will swing and the conditions under lights will offer seam movement of the sort which might make de Grandhomme a factor, they'll probably look to Henry as a new ball replacement just as they did at Hamilton. If they believe it'll come down to pace and bounce, we've seen that they've been willing to make horses-for-courses selections in the past. Personally for me Ferguson seems to offer a lot more, but as a few others have said you wonder if they think of him mainly as first-in-line to Wagner.

Last edited:

wrongun

Banned
I'd love for this pitch to be a spicy one like last season. Want to see some Aussie batsmen like Head, Burns etc navigate a tough wicket. As much fun as it was to watch most of our batsmen pile up runs vs Pak, it wasn't much of a challenge, whether it was the bowling or the surface.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
HB, this is probably the best thing you've ever posted imho. Should be easy enough to do in this day and age.

U dont read any of my other posts then? :p

But yeah, I have always felt it is another way to boost test match attendances. I hope they implement it at least in India, especially if we are to play more and more day night tests.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
SKY Sport playing the entirety of the 1985 Trans Tasman series. So good.

Saw a video on insta of Trent bowling at a good clip in the nets, that's bloody encouraging.

Immenso

Watching the 3rd test 1985, the rift between Hadlee and others seems obvious.

But not sure of the timeline , I think it was the test series in full, then the WSC, so the Audi decision still seems a month or 2 in the future.

ataraxia

International Coach
I think it will be 1-1. If it wasn't for the Test championship then maybe 0-0. Latham-Williamson-Taylor-Nicholls-Watling-CDG is a tough but to crack. And Warner-Labu-Smith is form at its finest.

nzfan

At much as I'd love Black Caps to win in reality I think it'll be a 1-0 to Aus. There's definitely got to be a draw at least and in or game both sides will bat their best.