• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Australia 2019/20

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I’d like to watch the lunchtime entire stadium ticket inspection for those that just bought tickets for the first session.

Lol.. I meant like you pay for 3 sessions if you come in the morning, you can pay for 2 when coming in during the 2nd and just for 1 if you are only walking in for the 3rd. Also, not that difficult to create a process where you refund 2/3rd if you walk out after just 1 session. Or 1/3rd if you walk out after 2 sessions. Trust me, making it happen is not a problem.

Spark

Global Moderator
I watched day 1 of the India Test in Perth last year in the new stadium on an absolute scorcher of a day but it was actually very pleasant in my section if you were in the shade. The concrete stays cool all day if it's not in the sun.

I'm sure it's rougher out in the middle but, y'know, they're paid for that and it'll only be one session before the usual cool change comes in anyway. If it ever gets to the point that the stadium is at capacity then yeah okay at some point that might be a bit of a health risk but it doesn't seem like that'll be the case soon. It's a big stadium.

Last edited:

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Boult still not ready yet :unsure: That is going to be a massive set back. He'd be the one to exploit the conditions and the pink ball.

Absolutely fizzing for the test match. Start time is 6 p.m. There goes getting to work early in the morning. Hope the test match goes 5 days. Sometimes at Perth you get an absolute flat track or a short game. Hoping for lots of ebbs and flow and 5th day finish. Oh and some runs for Jeet Raval too please.

Spark

Global Moderator
Boult still not ready yet :unsure: That is going to be a massive set back. He'd be the one to exploit the conditions and the pink ball.

Absolutely fizzing for the test match. Start time is 6 p.m. There goes getting to work early in the morning. Hope the test match goes 5 days. Sometimes at Perth you get an absolute flat track or a short game. Hoping for lots of ebbs and flow and 5th day finish. Oh and some runs for Jeet Raval too please.
Do remember that this is a completely different stadium with a completely different (drop-in) pitch. From what I've heard they tried to make it as close to the classic WACA (i.e. not the post-2000 motorways) as possible and the technology has improved massively to the point where the modern drop-ins honestly seem superior to some of the permanent pitches (looking at you, SCG) but it's still basically brand new and we have no real idea what it'll be like long-term. The BBL pitches have been a bit all over the place iirc.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Do remember that this is a completely different stadium with a completely different (drop-in) pitch. From what I've heard they tried to make it as close to the classic WACA (i.e. not the post-2000 motorways) as possible and the technology has improved massively to the point where the modern drop-ins honestly seem superior to some of the permanent pitches (looking at you, SCG) but it's still basically brand new and we have no real idea what it'll be like long-term. The BBL pitches have been a bit all over the place iirc.
Didn't realize it's the new stadium the test match is at. What happened to WACA?

Spark

Global Moderator
Didn't realize it's the new stadium the test match is at. What happened to WACA?
Nothing "happened" to it, it just got too old and rickety and no longer fit for purpose so everyone's moved over to the new multi-purpose stadium across the river. There's a lot of scepticism about the big multi-purpose (read: AFL) stadia from diehard cricket fans but it's genuinely a very impressive facility, and objectively the WACA has been **** for ages now. **** for spectators and **** as a cricket spectacle again because of how terrible the pitch has been since the turn of the century.

But yeah based on last year, we could get a road, or we could get an absolutely fearsome bowler's paradise with extravagant pace, bounce and movement in the air and off the pitch, which would be very spicy.

Last edited:

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
my anxiety about boult being not fit is cancelled out by the excitement that we should finally see ferg steaming in with the new cherry

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Think it was a real missed opportunity not to play Ferguson in that second England test, but what's done is done.

Australia certainly isn't the ideal place for a quick bowler to debut, but Ferguson at least has the experience under pressure in limited overs internationals. I back him to give a far better account of himself than the Pakistani kids, that's for sure

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Even though it likely benefits Australia, I would still be pretty disappointed if NZ go Henry over Ferguson again

Not that I have anything against Henry, but NZ haven't had a genuine express Test bowler in a while. Milne looked promising a few years back, but he's been way too fragile to even get a solid run of any form of red ball cricket

Flem274*

123/5
yeah i suspect the selectors want to pick only one of wagner and lockie, and wagner's england series saved his career.

meanwhile other bowlers have received infinite rope during their careers.