• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia 2015

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I still can't believe Doug Bracewell averages 10 with the bat in test cricket. I mean Trent Boult averages 15.
I don't like how much he walks around the crease, especially that forward and across press that got him out to Hazlewood nipping the ball in to him at Brisbane, and almost did the same thing in Perth. I think if you're a lower-order batsman then erring on the side of less foot movement is better, particularly against pace; Watling and Craig have minimal foot movement and it works for them.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Have no complaints about any of our wickets, relative to expectation, except Taylor and McCullum who played truly dreadful shots. The rest were due to good bowling, with a little inexperience from Latham and Santner contributing.

Edit: And Guptill being Guptill
Taylor was poor. McCullum was atrocious.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Taylor getting an inside edge when Siddle brought one back in after moving it outside off was not a poor shot selection imo
Why was he trying to drive that ball on the walk, when it was not the slightest bit full? There were no runs to be had from that ball.

Edit: Anyway, it's done now. I'm sure Taylor will be thinking about it though.

Last edited:

Gob

International Coach
The ball that got Taylor out nipped back in a lot. Should he have been more circumspect? may be but those were the kind of shots that he was sending through the covers regularly last game when they were coming straight. Bowler's wicket

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Great. Kids in bed, sit down to watch, and it's ****ing 'supper' break. And we're 7 down. And I'm not far away, I guess, from my favourite pastime of watching Warner block the ball to the boundary with his tree trunk, always find that risk free boundary accumulation to be thrilling.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great. Kids in bed, sit down to watch, and it's ****ing 'supper' break. And we're 7 down. And I'm not far away, I guess, from my favourite pastime of watching Warner block the ball to the boundary with his tree trunk, always find that risk free boundary accumulation to be thrilling.

lol @ trying to take a cheap shot at Warner. he's a better bat than most of your country combined breh

Immenso

lol @ trying to take a cheap shot at Warner. he's a better bat than most of your country combined breh
I know he's good, and the bats are available to all, I just don't enjoy a Warner's stiffswristed block through the covers compared to cover drive of old. Eg a Lara flourish etc.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Who ever makes the worst post in the thread is going to be sentenced to watching ten episodes of "an over with Harry" in a row.

Moss

The ball that got Taylor out nipped back in a lot. Should he have been more circumspect? may be but those were the kind of shots that he was sending through the covers regularly last game when they were coming straight. Bowler's wicket
Was a very good ball alright but seemed slightly irresponsible from Taylor given Latham and KW were back in the shed.