• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Season Thread 2010/11 ***

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He said that he wasn't very sure if he had caught the ball fairly and didn't celebrate or anything
It looked clearly out in real time, and the batsman was basically ready to walk off (and ended up being almost run out when McCullum threw the ball back straight away).

Howsie

International Captain
ND don't have the reserve batting to keep up imo. There will probably be times in this comp when the Black Caps and Hodge won't be there.
Because the Blackcaps have been carrying Northern Districts so far in the HRV cup right? Brad Hodge has contributed very nicely but he hasn't exactly been the sole reason for the successful start to the tournament and while Herschelle Gibbs isn't as good as Hodge he's a decent enough replacement as far as I'm concerned.

Mike5181

International Captain
Best camera shot of the game already is Emily Travers bending over in that top of hers to examine the outfield.:ph34r:
:laugh: I admired that as well.

I think M.Richardson wants Brownlie in the NZ squad against Pakistan. Not 100% sure though as the weather in Auckland is real bad and sky tv signal is glitchy.

Last edited:

_Ed_

I think M.Richardson wants Brownlie in the NZ squad against Pakistan. Not 100% sure though as the weather in Auckland is real bad and sky tv signal is glitchy.
Yep, sounds like it.

Brownlie does look an excellent talent. He's played some great shots here. It still might be a bit soon for him, though.

Mike5181

International Captain
Good shot from Flynn. Little bit surprised he is opening instead of Gibbs

He is absolutely spanking it atm good to see.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
van der Wath has been appalling. Hard to believe his FC and List A bowling stats are so good watching him at the moment.

Flynn gone. Good innings from him, though falling to Ellis is a bit disappointing.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I thought of Munro while I was watching Flynn go ballistic today. Flynn's execution was superb. I want Munro to borrow a tape of that inning and model himself on it.

Never knew that Flynn could be so good. wonderful shot over extra cover.

Two years ago Flynn would try those shots for the blackcaps and they wouldn't come off.

Flem274*

123/5
Never knew that Flynn could be so good. wonderful shot over extra cover.

Two years ago Flynn would try those shots for the blackcaps and they wouldn't come off.
He was facing better bowlers and was far less experienced when he was in the Black Caps tbf.

Also towards the end of his test stint his technique fell apart. Huge gap between bat and body/pad and his feet went no where. He was a better player when he came in than when he left. Looks to be on the road back now though.

_Ed_

He was facing better bowlers and was far less experienced when he was in the Black Caps tbf.

Also towards the end of his test stint his technique fell apart. Huge gap between bat and body/pad and his feet went no where. He was a better player when he came in than when he left. Looks to be on the road back now though.
But it looks like his fielding has gone to ****.