• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Season Thread 2010/11 ***

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Three fantastic close matches with excellent performances by both batsmen and bowlers. One dayers are so much better than that T20 rubbish.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Three fantastic close matches with excellent performances by both batsmen and bowlers. One dayers are so much better than that T20 rubbish.
If I had my way we would shorten the 20 20 competition to 5 games each - and a final. And used the rest of the time to play 4 day cricket or List A cricket. Would never fly though so I am not suggesting it seriously.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Howsie: He is rubbish and is being gifted wickets.

Me & Phlegm: WAFG *drools* get him in the Test team! lolz!

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Here we go with the tired old speed fascination again...

He gets good players out, end of story. On a flat one again today, he nicked Styris off - that's an international player, just as a sidenote - knocked over the top and came back to hit his lengths perfectly at the death.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Geez, gifting Bates a five wicket bag, embarrassing. 212 probably isn't going to be anywhere near enough but at 5/86 you'll take it most of the time.

Tom Latham on List A debut. I've heard a lot about this kid over the last couple of years, massive raps on him in the Canterbury district.
Worth noting Latham got 46 off 52 with only one boundary in there..that might suggest he's already pretty adept at knocking it around and not being tied down. Good news.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Bates probably should have been in the T20 squad for the matches against Pakistan instead of Butler...

But very happy to see we beat Auckland :happy:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Absolutely.

**** I miss the days of getting to see one game of each round of the 50-over stuff on Sky. Now we only get the final. :(

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
Absolutely.

**** I miss the days of getting to see one game of each round of the 50-over stuff on Sky. Now we only get the final. :(
And the North vs South game, not that that is on any more.

Btw anyone heard about Greg Hay of late or has he just completely gone off the radar?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That was good fun. I never really understood the need for the State of Origin concept, though - seeing Chris Cairns play for North was weird.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

Btw anyone heard about Greg Hay of late or has he just completely gone off the radar?
He's moved to Auckland to try his luck there - scoring truckloads of runs in club cricket. Wouldn't be a surprise to see him crack the four-day side before the year ends.