• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Season Thread 2010/11 ***

Flem274*

123/5
Scored more FC runs at a better average than any other NZ opener over the last 4 years.

He may or may not be international standard, but he deserved more than two tests simply through weight of runs. I also think ODIs were the wrong format for him, because he punishes width and sits on tight bowling.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
"I was third in the one-day averages last year for New Zealand and I didn't even get a call. It just shows what they [selectors] are like."
He fails at Statsguru - he was actually fifth.

Interestingly (in a poor kind of way), Williamson's tonne was our only one for 2010

Howsie

International Captain
Scored more FC runs at a better average than any other NZ opener over the last 4 years.

He may or may not be international standard, but he deserved more than two tests simply through weight of runs. I also think ODIs were the wrong format for him, because he punishes width and sits on tight bowling.
AWTA. He should never have played international cricket to begin with imo, but to only give him two test matches after deciding he was worthy of test selection was bloody well average, especially considering his opening partner run him out in two out of his four test innings.

Howsie

International Captain
Hehe, Adam Milne's selection in the 30 man world cup squad looks even more ridiculous now that he can't even make the CD team.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see Nethula picking up a couple.

Not a great return for Mitch though, 32 in 4 overs so far.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Lovely little innings from Harry Boam. Having a good season.

EDIT: Quality Jinx. Didn't realise GillesPIE was back or I'd have snapped him up in the selection comp.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Bates WAG

McClenaghan got the tonk today. Oram got a bit of tap until his last spell too. Bracewell appears to be having a good game today, looking forward to the match report in the paper.

Howsie

International Captain
Geez, gifting Bates a five wicket bag, embarrassing. 212 probably isn't going to be anywhere near enough but at 5/86 you'll take it most of the time.

Tom Latham on List A debut. I've heard a lot about this kid over the last couple of years, massive raps on him in the Canterbury district.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Great comeback from Todd Astle. 0/21 off his first two, followed by 2/21 off his next 8.

Last edited: