• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Season Thread 2010/11 ***

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Good last 3 overs for Wellington. Looked like we were going to stutter along to only about 180 there for a little while.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Corey! Doull talking about his "very short" career, obviously not realising he debuted back in 06/07, and has played in 2 U19 world cups.

Howsie

International Captain
Heh, Hopkins drops Anderson. Tough chance but you'd expect a keeper to take them. Rather average looking shot though it must be said.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I have to say, Bryan Young has actually quite impressed me as a commentator. Maybe he just looks good by virtue of comparison to Oram and O'Connor.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Haha with McCullum injured, DeWayne and Jeets out of the Welly team due to form, McCone and Neesham not making their teams and Warner buggering off to Australia again the wheels have truly fallen off my domestic selector team.
The other players are keeping me respectable though.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Awesome. Provided we don't have any more matches rained off, we should be in a pretty good position to make a decent push for that 2nd final spot now. The next game against Canty will be crucial. We won't have Binga for that one, so it's important that the rest of the bowlers do their bit. After that it's a couple of push overs against CD and Otago. Hopefully one of CD, Auckland or Canty can trip up Northern along the way too.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Just got around to watching the Auckland-Canterbury match. Entertaining but the quality of cricket left something to be desired IMO, the first ball of the Canterbury chase an embarrassment all round. Think there must've been at least five dropped catches during the 40 overs, far too many for a match involving a selection of present and recent Black Caps.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I have to say, Bryan Young has actually quite impressed me as a commentator. Maybe he just looks good by virtue of comparison to Oram and O'Connor.
I wouldn't consider him to be a great commentator, but compared to others they've used like Oram, O'Connor and Leighton Burtt, hes certainly an improvement. Although I wonder why they didn't use Craig McMillan as one of the three commentators given he was present at the ground and even helped with the Canterbury warm-ups...

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Just got around to watching the Auckland-Canterbury match. Entertaining but the quality of cricket left something to be desired IMO, the first ball of the Canterbury chase an embarrassment all round. Think there must've been at least five dropped catches during the 40 overs, far too many for a match involving a selection of present and recent Black Caps.
The first ball was hilariously bad, but I can't think of too many other obvious examples of poor cricket. Yes there were a few dropped chances, but most of them were very difficult (ie. Nicol's drop off Sherlock in the 19th, ten Doeschate's off Astle and Hopkins' of Anderson). Even the dolley dropped by Jimmy Adams was followed up by an excellent run out the next ball.

While Anderson played an excellent innings, I kinda feel he should've done more. He got fed a lot of half volleys and full tosses that he failed to put away, even if he was still managing to hit a lof of them for 2's. Still it's only his 3rd game back, he probably just needs a bit of time.

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
The first ball was hilariously bad, but I can't think of too many other obvious examples of poor cricket. Yes there were a few dropped chances, but most of them were very difficult (ie. Nicol's drop off Sherlock in the 19th, ten Doeschate's off Astle and Hopkins' of Anderson). Even the dolley dropped by Jimmy Adams was followed up by an excellent run out the next ball.
Just a combination of really basic errors, the dropped catches, overthrows from balls that rebounded off the stumps when the batsman was easily home, and so on - perhaps I was being a touch critical but I gather that form in the HRV Cup is what we're partly basing our national selections on for the limited overs section of the Pakistan tour, so I was just expected a higher quality from yesterday's match.