• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand Domestic Season Thread 2009/10

Woodster

International Captain
He did open in the game before and made next to nothing.
Yes but rather harsh to be discarded after a single attempt. His style of batting is not conducive to producing consistent results, he can be hit and miss, but when he hits he can win you a game few players are capable of.

Howsie

International Captain
Yes but rather harsh to be discarded after a single attempt. His style of batting is not conducive to producing consistent results, he can be hit and miss, but when he hits he can win you a game few players are capable of.
I didn't mean anything by it, I was just saying CD had already given him a shot up the order.

Howsie

International Captain
Predictions for the HRV cup?

Mine

Winner: Northern Districts
Runner-up: Canterbury
Top Run Scorer: Peter McGlashan
Top Wicket Taker: Daniel Vettori
Worst Team: Central Districts
Flop: Owais Shah

Picking ND to rebound this season, we have the best bowling line-up IMO and our batting with the likes of Flynn, McGlashan, Parlane, Williamson and Yovich should be more then handy. Plus once Dilshan get's here which is around round five I think? we should be very well set then.

Canterbury should also have a pretty good run, they've shown in the recent week or so they're capable of putting up some pretty big scores with the likes of Stewart, Papps, Myburgh and Fulton, heck even Nicol can hit a ball. They have some pretty handy all-rounders also so they should have quite a few bowling options.

Flem274*

123/5
Predictions for the HRV cup?

Mine

Winner: Northern Districts
Runner-up: Canterbury
Top Run Scorer: Peter McGlashan
Worst Team: Central Districts
Flop: Owais Shah

Picking ND to rebound this season, we have the best bowling line-up IMO and our batting with the likes of Flynn, McGlashan, Parlane, Williamson and Yovich should be more then handy. Plus once Dilshan get's here which is around round five I think? we should be very well set then.

Canterbury should also have a pretty good run, they've shown in the recent week or so they're capable of putting up some pretty big scores with the likes of Stewart, Papps, Myburgh and Fulton, heck even Nicol can hit a ball. They have some pretty handy all-rounders also so they should have quite a few bowling options.
Now there's a surprise :p

Howsie

International Captain
Yea, I probably could of gone with Otago as runner up's but there bowling attack has been pretty average this season.

bryce

International Regular
Should be an extremely well contested competition, each team has some very strong points and should make for some very tight finishes. I'll go most runs How most wickets Aldridge

nz0003

School Boy/Girl Captain
Winner: Canterbury
Runner-up: Wellington
Top Run Scorer: Shanan Stewart
Worst Team: Auckland
Flop: Ravi Bopara

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have to say I love the look of this Mt Maunganui ground. First time I've seen it.

Longer boundaries than most NZ grounds and really nice grass banks. Lovely view of the mountain too.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Have to say I love the look of this Mt Maunganui ground. First time I've seen it.

Longer boundaries than most NZ grounds and really nice grass banks. Lovely view of the mountain too.
I believe I went there circa 1989. My memory of said game isn't great, but I did enjoy the nice sloping banks.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cheers Ed. Didn't realise that this was on Sky today. Sweet.
Sorry about that. I didn't notice either until just before I made that post, and the ground impressed me more than the fact that T20 was on TV so I considered it more worth commenting on.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sorry about that. I didn't notice either until just before I made that post, and the ground impressed me more than the fact that T20 was on TV so I considered it more worth commenting on.
Why are you apologising? I realised from your post that you must have been watching it on the box, so thanks! :thumbsup:

Is Luke Vivian going to be playing this year does anyone know?

thierry henry

International Coach
wow, PERFECT last over by Southee. Makes me wonder how he got hammered so bad by Napier the other day. Can't believe Auckland batting Tuffey ahead of Hira. Hira and Martin imo should be battling for NZ's 2nd T20/ODI spinner spot....