• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2017/18

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Overseas and impressing no-one as recently as August though.

It's only the chance to fire up that 'done me wrong, NZ' grudge and crunch up our domestic players that seems to have become his specialty.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Time for $20 on Grobbelaar to fire in the engine room, which I'll secretly blame on Phlegm, assuming it doesn't pan out.

Cachopa looks badly out of form, also Ben Horne sometimes digs in as a blocker to make Matt proud to have him as a nephew, don't worry about that.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Nah that's a crazy shot for Horne to be falling in love with, when you're the unbackable outsiders to actually get up and win the game. Matt Horne disowns him.

There should be far better competition points for Kraigg Brathwaite last day rearguards. It's not like the New Zealand Test side never has any use for that skill.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Note for the end of the season when Ajaz 'the New Zealand Jadeja' Patel is the top FC wicket-taker: that 6-fer in the first match was from declaration slogging.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
DR Sams' instant success not doing much for the NZ vs Aus domestic cricket comparison. 3/48 and 88(76) so far.

Pleased to see Popli back in form, try to match his 15/16 season and get himself back in NZ contention.

Not so for Will Young - awful start.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep an Australian with a nice clear head on his shoulders and free and easy style can be very potent in the New Zealand FC engine room. Ronchi always showed us that.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm pretty surprised he went so well with the bat, tbh. I expected him to bowl well, but his highest score in Sydney first grade over the last three seasons was 56, and I don't think he's ever hit a ton in grade cricket at all. He was regarded as more of a batsman as a kid though (scored ****loads of runs in the Sydney Under 21s competition a few years back, I believe), so maybe the change of scenery will bring that back out.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting, yeah I notice he hasn't even played an FC match until now. Maybe found it freeing being overseas and coming in at 54/5 with not a lot to lose.

RxGM

U19 Vice-Captain
As if Auckland's pathetic start to the season couldn't get any worse, it would appear they have also managed to break Lachie Ferguson.

Howsie

International Captain
FMD.

Can't watch NZ and we are getting pretty close to that level too. Should've cruised in today.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Who was the last NZ chinamen? Even in domestic cricket? Awesome to see.
There was an article on Stuff, and it didn't look like anyone could name any others apart from the Dutch/SA visitor Michael Rippon who played last season. Hype!

PS: Ignore Gnske, he's just trolling

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Auckland going the same way this game as well... what's going on? The team looks great on paper.

Firebirds started quite well on a green track vs ND. Murdoch still batting with Luke Woodcock scoring 60 odd runs. CD is smashing it meanwhile.

Firebirds and the Stags are two inform teams. Hopefully the silverware will head our way this year.