• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2017/18

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
My thoughts exactly.
Yeah and it's not just the scoops and reverse flicks etc, it's the slog sweeps and the way he tries to really bash the ball. I always felt the word "swashbuckling" really described McCullum's style and it's pretty apt here too.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good to see Clarkson with a quick-fire 28 as well. I haven't given up on him.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Yeah and it's not just the scoops and reverse flicks etc, it's the slog sweeps and the way he tries to really bash the ball. I always felt the word "swashbuckling" really described McCullum's style and it's pretty apt here too.
dat ability to generate massive power from weird and unbalanced positions with fast hands

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Because his high 40s average and SR of 150 is the pits. If you're laying on that kind of icing early in your career, CD will get you lurking down the order just underneath Doug Bracewell, apparently.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Farewell, Tim Seifert. Luckily the ambit of my ND circus music will still have Devcich, for years and years.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

I heard someone say they were really starting to find Nicol's offies underrated. I thought they were kidding. :happy:

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
ah, excellent. Another swashbuckling midget lefty who can pull like a dream but will slash it to gully nine times out of ten.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I think L Johnson of Otago was 16 and made that team last year.
Yeah I should check out Llew Johnson's batting. I know he's got a lot of column inches about him already in the South Island sports pages. I'll have to check out if it's one of those 'we have little else to fill our paper's pages with, other than the latest from Jacob Duffy or Nathan Smith' sort of deals.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
There’s a new “announcer” at the Basin for the Super Smash and he’s cranking the music up between every goddamn ball, this is awful. :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Just one conceded by van Beek into the gale southerly, by the looks. Should've really kept the more lumbering Bennett bowling downwind.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Seifert swipes across the line of a straight one, when he knew missing it would lock in the classic 4/9 ND middle-order collapse. Rocks or diamonds stuff.

Last edited: