• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2017/18

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Jayzus that ball from Ferguson to Young looked fast. Milne is looking so medium pace in comparison, really sad.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, he was all class tonight. I can't understand why he's not in the team.

Meanwhile, Devcich reminds Sky of the dangers of mic'ing up players on the field. Big F-bomb after the third umpire went against him.

_Ed_

Seifert has been superb tonight. Looking forward to seeing him in NZ colours soon.

I've also been impressed by Lister - comfortably the pick of the Auckland bowlers.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I am not watching so his figures could be misleading, but how did Sodhi not make our one day side?
Yeah, he was all class tonight. I can't understand why he's not in the team.
I can't understand it either. He was exceptional in the first half of the SA ODI series last season, before they decided Patel was going to the Champions Trophy and needed some game time.

Now they've decided Astle is the better limited overs spinner, which surprises me (the better FC/Test spinner, probably). While I'm pleased for Astle, it's really damn rough on Sodhi to go from those performances last summer to behind all of Santner, Patel until he retired, and Astle.

_Ed_

Sodhi's making liars of us by bowling quite poorly tonight (outbowled by Devcich ffs), but the point still stands.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Wow, Seifert 107(42)! Great to see him turning that obvious talent into performances in all three formats now,

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
O'Donnell making a good push at this target, 33(15) currently, though Auckland are still going to fall just short, probably.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe the question isn't 'should Southee make the NZ ODI/T20 side', but 'should Southee make the ND T20 side' :ph34r:. 4 overs 0/60. That's young Southee vs Virender Sehwag territory.