• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2015/16

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
The Indian market is only going to become even more desirous of Antipodean brawn and beef than it already is, you see. .
This is a Danny Morrison commentary - Corey Anderson hitting - Brendon McCullum exports reference, for those not paying attention.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I'm pretty sure when Woodcock debuted as an opener for Wellington there was a comparison to Edgar. It's fitting that he has been restored to the top under Edgar's guidance.

Young guns McClure & Carter putting on a good stand against Auckland. George Worker is having a great start to the season too.

Here's an interview with Edgar about the coming season.
Heck yes! MTW linked by somebody who isn't me :D

FTR there's a bigger interview with Edgar going up soon, though that's more centred on him, more so than Wellington.

African Monkey

U19 Vice-Captain
Stephen Murdoch is like our version of Michael Klinger. Scores runs at a consistent rate without ever threatning to crack into the national side.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Santner and that FC record everybody likes to bring up suffers again due to batting so low. Stuck with the tail and had to gun it. Should be at least ahead of Mitchell and Popli in the batting line up.
Popli is a mug, so I could advocate that...but otherwise, everyone likes Santner old gun.

Howsie

International Captain
Popli is a mug, so I could advocate that...but otherwise, everyone likes Santner old gun.
Not from what I've read. Apparently he isn't fit to bat six in the test squad because he averaged 32 last season, which again had a lot to do with where he was batting for ND.

Popli is definately a different batsman to the one you may have come across while he was at uni up in Auckland. Will never play for NZ but teams like Wellington and Otago could do a lot worse for a first class batsman.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Not from what I've read. Apparently he isn't fit to bat six in the test squad because he averaged 32 last season, which again had a lot to do with where he was batting for ND.

Popli is definately a different batsman to the one you may have come across while he was at uni up in Auckland. Will never play for NZ but teams like Wellington and Otago could do a lot worse for a first class batsman.
Runs today, fair play to him.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah but Klinger's actually good :p
if he was any good he'd be in your test team that needs four more batsmen:ph34r:

and murdoch is pretty decent tbh. not going to play tests any time soon with his technique and output but the bloke can scrap.

Blain

U19 Captain
Otago cricket in trouble with hacks like Brad Wilson certain starters in their side.

Clarkson seems promising, what is he, 18? More all rounders the better.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I think he can only aspire to sort of Ben Wheeler all-rounder status more than Neesham/Anderson, but yeah born in Jan 1997.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Wellington effectively 92/4 I see. That's going to be a problem for ND when they play on their new pitches, which is the same clay as the Basin's. Day 4, the green tinge is gone, but there's still pace in it and it's coming onto the bat nicely.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure whether to laud Nicholls for his 150, or be mindful of this Sri Lanka A bowling being weaker than a Plunket attack, seeing Raval also got one.

Last edited: