• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2015/16

Blain

U19 Captain
Quick 5 wickets for Boult. Cleaning up the middle/lower order. Nice to know Southee Bracewell and Boult have all got 5 wickets in their matches. Shame Craig was fairly ineffective..

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Any chance of a comparison between Beard's old and new actions, Kippax? From what I've seen it looks pretty clean.

Yeah I wouldn't look for him to be up near the top of T20 economy charts with what he's producing with this new action.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Munro bowling up a storm. Just Neesham's health stands between him and Tests against Australia, they say.

Flem274*

123/5
Glossed through the highlights and Southee was bowling a few full tosses to Pollard.

Now ND are copping a last wicket partnership.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Munro bowling up a storm. Just Neesham's health stands between him and Tests against Australia, they say.
His bowling has always been good in 4-5 day stuff. Which is a post I have made many times. He is a slower ball away from being another Dimitri Masceranhas in pajama cricket. However due to his predictability he is cannon fodder in List As.
His bowling is good enough to be a genuine 5th bowler in tests, but not good enough to be a 6th bowler in ODIs

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Quick 5 wickets for Boult. Cleaning up the middle/lower order. Nice to know Southee Bracewell and Boult have all got 5 wickets in their matches. Shame Craig was fairly ineffective..
Watched Bracewell's wicket balls and they were fairly uninspiring - a couple of decent bouncers at the tail the only thing worth noting. His competition in Henry however didn't make much impression at all.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
NZC finally testing what it's like with the sound mic left on, on a reasonably calm day.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
What do you like about Nicholls btw? Seems to be preparing for the favoured slog-sweep and hook/pull but still looks unbalanced even when he hits those. I think it's his feet that don't move quickly and precisely enough. That and a fairly exaggerated bat arc from outside to in.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Well I think Nicholls came up because some posters were saying Latham belonged in Test matches basically (which I didn't really agree with). Nicholls does offer good strike rotation and power to be somewhat interesting at the top of the order in typical NZ white ball conditions (45 average in List A I think), But yeah I was advocating Will Young over Nicholls and Munro for this series.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Well I think Nicholls came up because some posters were saying Latham belonged in Limited Overs matches basically (which I didn't really agree with). Nicholls does offer good strike rotation and power to be somewhat interesting at the top of the order in typical NZ white ball conditions (45 average in List A I think), But yeah I was advocating Will Young over Nicholls and Munro for this series.
Oh ok, I'll keep an eye on him as a LO batsman.

Some fine Munroing in that video of him too - a good crack on a few pull shots interspersed with a random charge and horrendous dabs against spin, though it's hard to see how he wasn't struck outside the line with that lbw.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah it's become a bit of a mystery as to why domestic captains are ever opting for anything other than spin to Munro, even with Plunket Shield pitches being the way the are.

He's proven for several seasons now that he's going to gorge himself at a 100+ SR on your conventional bowling rotations, so there's not a whole lot to lose.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah it's become a bit of a mystery as to why domestic captains are ever opting for anything other than spin to Munro, even with Plunket Shield pitches being the way the are.

He's proven for several seasons now that he's going to gorge himself at a 100+ SR on your conventional bowling rotations, so there's not a whole lot to lose.
I think Munro can hurt spin bowlers with his charges, swipes, reverse sweeps etc so there are some quick runs to lose, however you'd still back a good spinner to take care of him.

Battle of the old-ball and tail-cleaner-uppers for NZA, which is actually something of continuing relevance to the NZ team. Milne's three wickets beating Wagner, Astle and Sodhi with one each so far.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
What I gathered from that video is that he's strong with anything coming in at the body/leg side but dubious on things moving away outside off.
A lot of his offside play does degenerate into a nasty swipe with the very hard and dominant bottom hand.

Luckily Hesson will never discriminate against a lack of élan.