• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match#5 - India vs Australia

Who will win?

• India

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • Australia

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Tie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No result

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Official attendance at the Chepauk Stadium for the India vs Australia match was 32,521

Capacity is 38,000

This reflects an 85.58% attendance.

Should have been sold out. India playing and also it was a Sunday.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Official attendance at the Chepauk Stadium for the India vs Australia match was 32,521

Capacity is 38,000

This reflects an 85.58% attendance.

Should have been sold out. India playing and also it was a Sunday.
Ashwin said around 5000 tickets were reserved for the media and other association personalities

ashley bach

International Captain
There's nothing that bad about the Australian team, but they do need a few players to start performing better.
None more so than Zampa, he's such a gun bowler but he's been nothing but a bucket of **** lately.

TheJediBrah

If Zampa isn't cleaning up with the ball he shouldn't be close to the team. He already offers nothing with the bat and is worse than useless in the field. Like genuinely one of the worst fielders I've ever seen.

But they've gone and picked him as the only spinner in the squad so kind of stuck with him

Spikey

Even if Sangha was in the squad, it's not like Zampa being dropped would be on the cards

Burgey

There was considerable dew tbh. Not easy for spinners esp. I dunno why Cummins waited for Maxwell to bowl 5 before getting Zampa in.
Yeah but he's been bad for a while now tbh, across the games he played in the warms ups he largely bowled crap.

Burgey

fmd I watched his first over last night - had the game by the balls at that point and he gives up 13 in the over with two fours from short balls (though well played) and another from a full bunger.

Junk

J U N K
U
N
K

Rubbish

He just had any and all ability rinsed out of him by playing for Victoria for so long.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Zampa is gun. Rahul was clinical. Zampa's decent balls were late cut brilliantly and the dew was a huge factor. He will bowl worse and achieve better figures against other teams.

He will definitely find his rhythm with more games

Burgey

He's been cod ordinary for over 6 months now mate. Last night is not a one off. If Aus is to do well this WC he needs to bowl at something like his best, but he hasn't been anywhere near it for ages.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
Zampa got Mick Lewis-ed recently by Klaasen so he is probably still reeling from that. Other than that both dew and the way Rahul played that first over also played a big part. I mean if you're talking about dropping Zampa due to a few ordinary games then who on earth even deserves their place as a spinner in white ball cricket right now?

Shri

Mr. Glass
He's been cod ordinary for over 6 months now mate. Last night is not a one off. If Aus is to do well this WC he needs to bowl at something like his best, but he hasn't been anywhere near it for ages.
he bowled aus to a win with a 4fer in a low scoring game against ind at chennai earlier this year:

he bowled aus to a win with a 4fer in a game against pak at lahore earlier this year:

he had average days with the ball in other games that took place in asia. the rest of the games have been played at aus or south africa where he will not get help.

i think it will be difficult for non asian teams to find a spinner who is that good for the current rules in odis and the team should just trust him to deliver and tell him that he will play all games and to just work on his skills/execution without worrying about anything else

drop him after the WC if it doesn't work

Burgey

Look, he's the main spinner. He's meant to do a job by at worst bowling accurately no mater where he is. It's not his raw numbers I'm talking about, I'm saying watching him bowl he's been very ordinary for a while now. He doesn't look like he's putting much energy on the ball. Given Lyon is injured and Agar (though not very good) has been ruled out as well, his role is massive and atm they're barely falling out of his hand.

I'm not saying to drop him during the WC because the cupboard is bare from a squad POV anyway, I'm just saying he's been poor for a while now.