• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #37- India vs South Africa - November 5th - Kolkata

Kirkut

International Regular
Our pace bowling is having its best year in ODI since 2003 .🤕
Really? I assumed we were quite good in 2009-2011 period in ODIs as well.

But this Indian attack is the best ever that we have churned out. No contest against what fielded in the 2003 World Cup.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Really? I assumed we were quite good in 2009-2011 period in ODIs as well.

But this Indian attack is the best ever that we have churned out. No contest against what fielded in the 2003 World Cup.
Best year by average
2023> 2003 >2005

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Surely India can rest some players for the Netherlands game? Especially the pace bowlers
They have a week off before the Netherlands, and the three fast bowlers bowled 5,4, and 4 overs today and were on the field for 25 overs. So I don't see what they need to rest from.

...if anything they would want to keep things going and use Netherlands as a warmup for the elimination matches. Obviously if there is any small injuries, it may be worth it.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SA & SL can have a play off for the Insipid Cup. Should be a low scoring thriller.

Burgey

8 3

There's Green Shield sides who would have made more than 83, and I'm not kidding.

Meant to be a top of the table match up easing into the business end. Show some balls ffs and grind out a couple of hundred at least, knowing you'll have to bat under lights later in the tournament.

Eighty three. Come on. It's ****ing pathetic.

Daemon

They have a week off before the Netherlands, and the three fast bowlers bowled 5,4, and 4 overs today and were on the field for 25 overs. So I don't see what they need to rest from.

...if anything they would want to keep things going and use Netherlands as a warmup for the elimination matches. Obviously if there is any small injuries, it may be worth it.
Yeah I think rythm and match practice are real things that we don’t want to disrupt before the knockouts. There is a small injury risk that comes with any game but given the time between games it’s not going to be fatigue driven and thus unlikely to be significant enough.

Not too fussed if they do rest someone but it better not be Shami - want to see his record go to even more ridiculous levels.

slowfinger

International Debutant
if England put this team to bed properly SA might have had a better chance today.

now favourites are easily IND>AUS>NZ>SA>PAK

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year

8 3

There's Green Shield sides who would have made more than 83, and I'm not kidding.

Meant to be a top of the table match up easing into the business end. Show some balls ffs and grind out a couple of hundred at least, knowing you'll have to bat under lights later in the tournament.

Eighty three. Come on. It's ****ing pathetic.
I totally agree, it's pathetic how they surrendered. Why not get much needed match practice under the lights.. No mental toughness.

This leads me to believe that South Africa aren't winning the cup

Burgey

Yeah I really don't get why you wouldn't tough it out a bit. I know both sides are in the semi finals anyway so that takes a bit of an edge off things if you're chasing and get behind early, but have a dig ffs.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Biggest positive for me from this game was lower order batting of Surya and Jadeja. We have got some finishing power down at 6 and 7 even though the tail after that is worrying. Although when Shami was asked about playing #8, he boasted that he scored fifty at Lord's lol.

Also, I feel India is stronger batting first. Their bowlers won't give anything away with even moderate scorecard pressure. Given long tail India should not take chances chasing in knockouts.

Last edited: