• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 36 - England v West Indies

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hmm....

I demand that you hand in your "Eternal Optimist" title and replace it with "I should've never doubted".
How strange. The post you quoted there; I typed "See you in four years when we're defending the trophy"

Wonder how that happened

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wouldn't say this makes them any better equipped than anyone else to win a knockout game. Sure they've had five close games, but they lost two of them from dominant positions.
They have shown great character and resilience, but their injuries and discontinuity in the team will ultimately hurt them IMO. Still don't have a settled attack with everyone performing to a decent standard. But someone will have to step up and beat them, they certainly won't go down tamely.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Bishoo looks a real test deal. Should not play ODI IMO. On a flat track, his loopy slow leggies may disappear quickly.

WI ****ed it up. Sammy at #3 was good, but couldn't imagine what was their keeper doing at #4. Sarwan / Bravo should have batted there.

BeeGee

International Captain
It's funny what's considered a choke these days. Because there's a very good argument that West Indies shouldn't have gotten that close. I don't think either team choked. One team just wanted it more.
IMO, in a WC, the term "choke" should be reserved exclusively for the SA team and/or players. Once SA have won a WC then the term can be applied elsewhere. :ph34r:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Maybe Woakes, if cricinfo are to be believed.
I think that's the best call, myself. Woakes's pace (or lack thereof) and trajectory could be ideal on the kind of pitches we've seen so far.

No slouch with the willow either & has a level head, as the first T20 in Oz proved.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What's the record number of runs scored in a match without a single batsman making a half-century? I'm sure this one must be up there.

Maximus0723

State Regular
Holy ****, what a game!

When Russell and Sarwan were going well, my dad was like boy it's over. I was keep telling him the WC games prior to todays beg to differ and anything can happen. And of course I was right :sleep:

IMO, WI didn't choke. England's bowlers just bowled so good today. Couple of close calls didn't go their way and still they hung in there and it paid off. They played with big heart. I can clearly see team like India/NZ givin up too easily in this sort of situation.

Good captaincy from Strauss too.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I think that's the best call, myself. Woakes's pace (or lack thereof) and trajectory could be ideal on the kind of pitches we've seen so far.

No slouch with the willow either & has a level head, as the first T20 in Oz proved.
I'd be backing a Woakes call. He'll have some confidence having just wrecked Guyana for the Lions (and it won't have been with anything out of the pitch).

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just watching the highlights of our innings on Sky. Man, Trotters started well, didn't he? Was fed some tripe, but the way he dispatched it was very impressive.

Beggars belief he wasn't given more of a go earlier.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I love how Swanneh comes on Twitter to tweet about his cat, after that performance. Gotta love him and his big chin.:laugh:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Like the look of Russell. Looks to hurry the batsman a lot more than the speed gun suggests he should. Seems to bowl that "heavy ball" comms are so found of.

Kudos to Wright too; super knock under real pressure. Took his time to play himself in and put the bad balls away with aplomb.

Himannv

International Coach
You know? I live in a city that's been shaken by earthquakes every day for the last week, there's a nuclear power plant down the road that seems to be in meltdown... and nothing is more stressful than supporting England...
Awesome post this. :laugh:

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Just watched the highlights, awesome stuff! What a brilliant catch from Tremlett... and even Andy Flower had a big smile on his face at the end!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Have to say Wright & Tredwell have rather proved their respective worths.

Really solid, professional efforts from chaps with so little cricket under their belts.