• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 25 - India v Netherlands

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blaze 18

Banned
Look, this isn't banter. All you're doing is annoying people with posts like these. No-one's expecting in depth anaysis but a bit of respect for the opposition is the least you can do.
I agree with this. It's precisely why I voted for Netherlands earlier. :dry:

Blaze 18

Banned
Dhoni_Fan - If Netherlands somehow pull off an upset tomorrow, we'll all be a laughing stock on here. It's all well and good to be optimistic about India's chances, but to insinuate our place in the final is guaranteed is, well, silly. Comments such as the ones quoted above will only infuriate people and come back to bite you should - God forbid - India get eliminated early.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Dhoni_Fan - If Netherlands somehow pull off an upset tomorrow, we'll all be a laughing stock on here. It's all well and good to be optimistic about India's chances, but to insinuate our place in the final is guaranteed is, well, silly. Comments such as the ones quoted above will only infuriate people and come back to bite you should - God forbid - India get eliminated early.
not to mention the fact that you are losing credibility with your own team's fans...

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Oh, and this whole annoying tournament could basically be over in 3 days. This whole group stage thing is a sham, you pretty much know for sure 7 out of the 8 teams that make it. You could just invite the top eight, play quarterfinals day one, semi finals day two and finals on day 3 and the whole WC could be over in a long weekend.

It's pretty much what it is right now, with a month of fluff added in before.

I'd like to see the top 16 teams invited, in four groups. They play each other once (each team has 3 games). Top two make it out (so eight total), and then QF, SF, and Finals.

Yes, still 8 teams make it out but having only three matches means a single upset could be huge, so every single game matters. Here you could lose a couple and it's not a big deal. That way, most of the top eight would make it but there is a realistic chance of upsets and minnows. And since it's only three games per group stage, the one sided stage is generally over fast.

Shorter tournament, more upsets, every game matters (even big vs minnow) and more teams have a chance to play in the biggest scene....

Last edited:

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Blaze you are a knowledgable poster who I respect. But to be fair you know as well as I do that Holland are going to lose tomorrow.
To show you how confident I am! I am prepared to put as my signature "Geriant is my hero is my hero" were India not to win tomorrow thankfully it isn't something I have to worry about

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Every pundit has rightly made us odds on favourites to win this match, that takes the pressure off us, and puts it on them.
It's funny, because you're exactly the kind of fan that puts extra pressure on their team. India don't need to post 500 and bowl the Dutch out in 5 overs. NRR is unlikely to be a concern for them due to the draw, so running down 200 in the 49th over should be equally satisfactory for India. But fans like you that expect the ridiculous change the goalposts and then howl bloody murder when your team doesn't perform as well as they do in your wet dreams. THAT'S where the extra pressure comes from, not from vague assertions about how the Dutch are perceived 4 years from a WC they're unlikely to be playing in.

Dutch fans will be happy to see their team play hard and be competitive. They're far less likely to be disappointed. There is less pressure on their team.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yup that's exactly right. People have unrealistic expectations. It's right and proper to expect that BCCI should do something with their cash and power and maybe create a better system where good pace bowlers come on, but once you have a team with Ajit Agarkar, it's going to play like it has Ajit Agarkar. Expecting him to play like Malcolm Marshall is unrealistic.

Maximus0723

State Regular
Yup that's exactly right. People have unrealistic expectations. It's right and proper to expect that BCCI should do something with their cash and power and maybe create a better system where good pace bowlers come on, but once you have a team with Ajit Agarkar, it's going to play like it has Ajit Agarkar. Expecting him to play like Malcolm Marshall is unrealistic.
Do you have anything in mind?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Dhoni_Fan - If Netherlands somehow pull off an upset tomorrow, we'll all be a laughing stock on here.
If that were to happen, I think we all know who will take all the brunt of the banter, and for once it won't be Jono.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Mate we have to be realistic 550 is a huge ask, not impossible mind you! this is a match that will see us get 2 points and qualify.

As I said the main thing is to once again ensure all of our players have time in the middle as that is crucial before we play the Semis and Final.

But record are there for the taking, win win situation!
You've made yourself a laughing stock of the forum in less than a week.

No apology will make up for that.

I'd advise you to change your posting or leave.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Ten Doeschate is one of the best associate players will be interesting to see how he gets on.

I think he is a quality hitter of the ball and it is good to see he got a gig in the big bash with Tasmania and he has an IPL contract :)

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In fairness (barely), India do have a decent record obliterating minnow teams in WC matches. :dry:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Do you have anything in mind?
Well appointing coaches and fitness staff based on qualifications instead of whose son it is would be a start.

In the meantime, I'd just send every Indian bowler over to county cricket and pay them to train the bowlers.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes, considering how much improvement we saw in Zaheer after that one season in county cricket. Why aren't we sending guys like Ishant, Sreesanth, and Munaf over there? Especially before the series against England coming up this summer.

I mean you'd think Zaheer would mentor and convince Ishant and the rest to invest in a season of county cricket, but it boggles my mind as to why that hasn't been the case. I mean Zaheer came back a completely different bowler.

Last edited: