• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 22 - India v Ireland

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You're right, that's my bad. No idea where I got the idea that Indian fans are arrogant.
Your posting as of late has been absolutely woeful. Honestly, what has gotten into you?

And a few of those posts you quoted were jokes FFS. And Turb's point is a fair one. Bowl first and get used to chasing under lights. OMG how ****ing arrogant.

You're basically trying to cause trouble and have a crack at Indian posters in every thread you walk to.

Francis

State Vice-Captain
Your posting as of late has been absolutely woeful. Honestly, what has gotten into you?

And a few of those posts you quoted were jokes FFS. And Turb's point is a fair one. Bowl first and get used to chasing under lights. OMG how ****ing arrogant.

You're basically trying to cause trouble and have a crack at Indian posters in every thread you walk to.
I can't stand people who troll and make an effort to insult people from one particular country just arbitrarily.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

Victim mentality strikes again.

smash84

The Tiger King
Not to take anything away from Ireland, who have performed brilliantly at times, but I don't know about these pitches in this World Cup.

Earlier today I was praising the pitches because the England/South Africa game was so entertaining.

But the more I watch every team bowl extra slow offspin into complete dust-bowls of pitches, the more I realize these pitches are having a leveling effect on the game.

It's like teams are trying to guess how far the ball will spin, and it's a Russian Roulette kind of luck where the team that wins seems to be the side that just missed the ball, rather than nicked the ball.

Maybe I'm wrong. After all, playing spin is part of the game! Different conditions call for different styles of cricket, and teams are required to play spin well.

But Ireland don't have a world class bowling attack, and their off-spinners are beating the outside edge of the Indian batsman!

The games are having more of a feel like, "well let's just bowl the ball down the pitch, and the pitch will take care of the rest." We've all seen games that have been called off because the pitch is poor and teams can't score off them. These pitches aren't remotely that bad. But surely there's a line where pitches are so poor that they become more of a leveling influence on the game, rather than a surface that allows the better team to express their talents and win.

I am usually a big fan of your posts but this one is :wacko:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha whatever mate.

You converse with 10 or so cricket fans on a message board, half of which are taking the piss, and you think you can just pigeon hole Indian fans.

Keep on trolling. I look forward to seeing a random post from you mocking Indian fans or bringing up Sachin randomly to make us all look like hero-worship nutters.

Good on ya.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Some of the posts he quoted were indeed loldire though.

Francis

State Vice-Captain
Why not? I'm not a fan of Ricky Ponting by any means, but he's right when he says these pitches, which are so conducive to spin, are leveling-up the games. It's become incredibly hard for teams to score runs.

Ordinarily I wouldn't think it's a bad thing. I think ODI cricket needs to go back to the days when 300 was a HUGE SCORE and anything over 200 was competitive, always. But it's really hard to make runs on these pitches. They're soo slow.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Been a good fighting performance from Ireland, just neede to get the 5th wicket at 120 or so to put India under real pressure and see if they had the balls to win from there. As it is they should cruise home, good win for India, banana skin bypassed without slipping up unlike England.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I hesitate to say it but I think you went over the line here, Ginger. A few jokey jingoistic posts is no reason to call every Indian poster on the forum arrogant. It's not going to help, is it?

No one's telling you to shut up, but come on. You're a smart guy, you can do better than that.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ohh man, just woke up and seems like it has been a God almighty struggle.
Pretty scary mate.

There was a stage with Dhoni just in and Rankin bowling a top spell, where you felt if a wicket had fallen it was seriously danger time.

Francis

State Vice-Captain
Wicket! Who would have thought we'd see the day where Indians can't play spin well against Ireland? They'll win this game, but blah!

Last edited: