• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 15 - South Africa v Netherlands - October 17, Dharamsala

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Edwards has been gun at this level for a while, tbf. Averages 40+ vs the better teams in the world coming into this wc. Not a minnow basher by any means.
I haven't actually seen him for a bit but he must be playing some very smart cricket. Never pegged him for a short-form gun he always seemed a bit limited in stroke play but he's clearly figured out a method. Who knows what the future could hold for him.

By the same token thoug hTom Cooper averaged 45 in ODIs for Netherlands and Ryan ten Doeschate famously averages nearly 70. Even if it looks like he's performing against the proper teams it's still not quite the same thing

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I haven't actually seen him for a bit but he must be playing some very smart cricket. Never pegged him for a short-form gun he always seemed a bit limited in stroke play but he's clearly figured out a method. Who knows what the future could hold for him.

By the same token thoug hTom Cooper averaged 45 in ODIs for Netherlands and Ryan ten Doeschate famously averages nearly 70. Even if it looks like he's performing against the proper teams it's still not quite the same thing
He bats 5 and just sweeps every ball he faces from spin.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Ryan was a gun player, loved him when he was in the cc. Very good in all formats. Unlucky to be be behind kallis but thought he could have replaced after jacques retired.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
How much of the Dutch team are like Dutch nationals? And not ring ins with a Dutch grandma on one side or something? I can see from the last names there's a few that seem pretty Dutch but I'm just curious
De leede is a Dutch product through and through. Think Vikram Singh is aswell. Few other guys are.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Glorious win Netherlands, congrats. It doesn't sound like their side is necessarily a reflection of a thriving domestic comp (hopefully it grows), but their best XI is really quite competitive. It wasn't a fluke that they made it through the qualifying tournament.

FBU

International Debutant
Like the piece of paper O'Dowd carries around that the captain checks every now and then. Is it who to bowl?

Bahseph

State Captain
Great win for Netherlands. Professional performance. This is the issue with SA, mentally they do switch off at times. Letting the game drift. With the bowling especially.

Bahseph

State Captain
I think Temba is a fine ODI batsman. Probably his best format imo but I don't have a strong opinion on him as a captain. I think Markram is the preferred candidate but he hasn't been able to hold down his ODI spot until recently.