• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 15 - South Africa v Netherlands - October 17, Dharamsala

danzydab

U19 12th Man
In both the Eng vs Afg match and this match, the second innings pitch suddenly had more turn and low bounce which made batting tricky.
This is in complete contrast to the beginning of the tournament where the second innings pitch became flatter. Not sure how the change became so sudden.

I actually think it wouldn't be a bad idea for South Africa to bring in Andile Phehlukwayo, him bowling cutters at medium pace may actually be more effective in these conditions, could also be the no.7 solution. Jansen and Maharaj are very good no.8 batters, but not quite no.7

Happy that the Netherlands won, now the tournament is open and has come to life.

Test fan

U19 Vice-Captain
In both the Eng vs Afg match and this match, the second innings pitch suddenly had more turn and low bounce which made batting tricky.
This is in complete contrast to the beginning of the tournament where the second innings pitch became flatter. Not sure how the change became so sudden.

I actually think it wouldn't be a bad idea for South Africa to bring in Andile Phehlukwayo, him bowling cutters at medium pace may actually be more effective in these conditions, could also be the no.7 solution. Jansen and Maharaj are very good no.8 batters, but not quite no.7

Happy that the Netherlands won, now the tournament is open and has come to life.
In Both upset losing team were won the toss and they decided to Bowl first .

Aritro

International Regular
Local Melbourne club cricketer Scott Edwards taking care of South Africa when the national team got spanked by them. Scenes.
Yeah I'd assumed he was some pretty high quality Shield/List A cricketer who wasn't quite good enough to play for Australia, and then I checked his record...

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I'd assumed he was some pretty high quality Shield/List A cricketer who wasn't quite good enough to play for Australia, and then I checked his record...
He is one of the better players in Grade cricket tbf but yeah he's not really high on the radar for State duties. Until now probably.

I can forsee a bit of a John Davison situation for him, after the 2003 WC Davison was thrust into the South Australia teams. Of course Davison was already a capped FC cricketer by that stage

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
He is one of the better players in Grade cricket tbf but yeah he's not really high on the radar for State duties. Until now probably.

I can forsee a bit of a John Davison situation for him, after the 2003 WC Davison was thrust into the South Australia teams. Of course Davison was already a capped FC cricketer by that stage
Edwards has been gun at this level for a while, tbf. Averages 40+ vs the better teams in the world coming into this wc. Not a minnow basher by any means.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
The flexibility of this Dutch side in general is pretty impressive honestly. They don't even have one world class spinner or an elite level batsmen but they have a ton of solid players, bat down to 9/10 and have tons of bowling options. Helps that Edwards has captained so well.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How much of the Dutch team are like Dutch nationals? And not ring ins with a Dutch grandma on one side or something? I can see from the last names there's a few that seem pretty Dutch but I'm just curious