• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Knockout Stages

R_D

International Debutant
So Penalty shoot out it is....... will be more interesting than the whole match for sure.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Excellent set of penalties TBF - and Paraguay continue the South American pre-eminence at the tournament.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Neither goalkeeper was particularly good though. Both indicated way too early which way they were going. Made the penalty-takers look much better than they are.

I say this given my wealth of experience as a goalkeeper in a Round of 16 World Cup match.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Per BB's informative post, Spain would be India...which would make the smaller country to the west Pakistan....

Gotta go with Spain tbh.

Two questions: who is Ajit Agarkar and who is Kamran Akmal?

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Portugal so close again. Pique's lack of pace apparent there - it's always been his biggest weakness.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd ordinarily say that spending £35m on a bloke only a few months short of his 29th birthday would be madness, but I reckon Villa is worth every penny of what Barca just spent on him.

As Brumbers said, hopefully that goal will mean Portugal open up and chase the game a bit harder now.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Really like Contreau, reckon he's been one of the better players this WC.

Anyone else think Danny looks like an extra out of Pirates of the Caribbean?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd ordinarily say that spending £35m on a bloke only a few months short of his 29th birthday would be madness, but I reckon Villa is worth every penny of what Barca just spent on him.
It's a scary thought that they could conceivably add Ozil to that attacking line yet.