• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL match discussion thread

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
350k and 450k for Warne and McGrath are looking mighty fine steals compared to 1.3million for Symonds right about now. At least the teams might be getting their money back with Dhoni's 1.5m via advertising in India.
Watto for 120k looking mighty fine as well.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Watto for 120k looking mighty fine as well.
Abso-freaking-lutely. I think the next auction (if/when it happens) is going to have a much fairer distribution of cash, since people will know what they are getting from their investment from the body of work that these players will do in the next three years.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I did not see Yo Mahesh bowl, but I would like the Daredevils to get Sangwan in the team.

unccricket

School Boy/Girl Captain
sehwag and rohit sharma were phenomenal. i didn't actually get to see sehwag's innings but i can only imagine that it was incredible.

rohit's innings was great to watch - much better player than robin uthappa.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
This, though, might just be the most effective trio of seamers in the competition. If Delhi were made to look good by an inexperienced Rajasthan Royals side at the Feroz Shah Kotla on Saturday, then this was high-class seam bowling on a good pitch against a potentially headache-inducing batting line-up. Remarkably, the trio cost the Daredevils's owners, GMR Holdings, a not-very-grand total of US$1,225,000, which is less than Symonds - out for just 12 yesterday and mauled for 30 in an over by Sehwag - fetched by himself.
The three seamers he is talking about are McGrath, Asif and Maharoof. It's a bowlers game, I tell ya, regardless of how many batsmen win the MoM. :cool:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
That's insane! I guess they want to sell T-shirts more than winning matches.
I doubt they paid $1.3million so Symonds could sell shirts in India. Symonds has zero appeal with the Indian public. Dhoni, obviously, can sell shirts.

No, they paid for Symonds because they all thought he would dominate. They were obviously wrong. Warne, McGrath, Hussey and Watson are probably going to dominate this a lot more. I would bet that in three years, the players value will be much fairer. Considering the small body of work, the first auction was a crapshoot.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bit harsh mate. Symonds knock on that dog of a wicket against Kolkata was better than most. He's bowling is meh though.

ret

International Debutant
even Kallis went for some $800K - $900K .... thats a lot, if you see the crap he has dished out so far

in the end, why bother if McGrath gets 300K and Symo 1300K .... there are ppl who lose that much in a night at Vegas .... i would focus on how they play, what they get paid is their and the franchise's business