• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* IPL 2022

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
hmm it's almost like Conway is good
That was never in doubt. If you follow the CSK social media handles, almost every practice game and session they had Conway and Rutu opening. I just think the captaincy change, Chahar's injury being worse than anticipated and the younger bowlers taking time to be any good all made it difficult for them to fit him into the lineup after the first game.

Ideally, I think CSK planned it this way - Conway to replace Faf, Hangergekar to maybe replace Shardul, and Milne to replace Hazlewood. They do not have enough bowlers who can hit to play their same strategy otherwise. Dube being good is a real bonus for them and as is Theekshana as they are ****ed in the powerplay without those options but this also means they have to go away from their preferred type of lineup and one of the casualties has been Conway.

It is amazing that inspite of so many injuries, esp. 2 first XI players having season ending ones, they may have well made the playoffs had they actually taken their catches. Shows how important that little 1 percernter is, I guess.

ataraxia

International Coach
I just find it rather ludicrous because Conway is arguably the best bat in the world rn (maybe bar Babar in T20s)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I just find it rather ludicrous because Conway is arguably the best bat in the world rn (maybe bar Babar in T20s)
Well, other formats dont matter as much and in T20s, while he is still world class, the other batsmen CSK had could do the job, but they badly needed at least some quality in bowling. I suppose having to play 3 overseas seamers + Moeen meant they could not quite fit him in. They also did not play Theekshana for a while and he has had arguably a bigger impact since coming in.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
That was never in doubt. If you follow the CSK social media handles, almost every practice game and session they had Conway and Rutu opening. I just think the captaincy change, Chahar's injury being worse than anticipated and the younger bowlers taking time to be any good all made it difficult for them to fit him into the lineup after the first game.

Ideally, I think CSK planned it this way - Conway to replace Faf, Hangergekar to maybe replace Shardul, and Milne to replace Hazlewood. They do not have enough bowlers who can hit to play their same strategy otherwise. Dube being good is a real bonus for them and as is Theekshana as they are ****ed in the powerplay without those options but this also means they have to go away from their preferred type of lineup and one of the casualties has been Conway.

It is amazing that inspite of so many injuries, esp. 2 first XI players having season ending ones, they may have well made the playoffs had they actually taken their catches. Shows how important that little 1 percernter is, I guess.
Csk have scored 200 + multiple times which tells me that their batting is working well. It's the bowling in some close games that has let them down. They're missing both Chahar and Hazelwood.

Niall

International Coach
I have supported Samson for the India international team, but hugely unimpressed with him as captain hiding down the order and sending in Ashwin ahead of him constantly.

cnerd123

likes this
RR playoff hopes dashed

I like Ashwin batting in case of an early wicket to length the lineup, but Sanju should have come in ahead of Devdutt.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Never really wanted Sanjay Manjrekar to shut up more than his nonsense yarns about bails being redundant.