• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* IPL 2022

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
A few years back, MSD had said that you should try to qualify for the playoffs and then it's lottery from there on(since T20 can literally be a lottery at times).

Yesterday's game between MI and SRH proved just that, there was so much luck involved in the game. I support SRH because I love to watch a team focussing more on their bowling for a change, but neither team deserved to lose in the end, just brilliant batting and bowling throughout the game, loved it.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Sometimes I wonder how guys like Bairstow and Sehwag can get overweight despite playing cricket at the highest level and following a strict training regimen. I am not talking **** about them, I am just wondering how that is possible. I know thyroid issues can cause weight gain/loss despite following a proper diet and exercise plan(has happened to me), but wonder what else can be the explanation apart from genetics/thyroid.

I know someone will jump in say that they might be having a bad diet, but I assume you should still stay in a decent shape because of how physically demanding the modern game is? And players are much more active now compared to how it was a couple of decades ago.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Bairstow is literally the fastest runner between the wickets in the game (Warner, otherwise). He is an exceptional athlete in the field. He is, what you'd say, 'big boned', but there is literally no fat on him. He's fitter than 99% of cricketers.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Bairstow is literally the fastest runner between the wickets in the game (Warner, otherwise). He is an exceptional athlete in the field. He is, what you'd say, 'big boned', but there is literally no fat on him. He's fitter than 99% of cricketers.
jonny b is not fat in that picture tho. his pants seem a bit loose and comfy
Nah, I am not questioning his athletic ability neither do I find his look funny, it was just a thought. Modern cricketers have to go through rigorous training and have a very tough schedule. Was just wondering how it's possible to look like a regular Joe when you are clearly working your ass off to maintain the required fitness standards.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Nah, I am not questioning his athletic ability neither do I find his look funny, it was just a thought. Modern cricketers have to go through rigorous training and have a very tough schedule. Was just wondering how it's possible to look like a regular Joe when you are clearly working your ass off to maintain the required fitness standards.
regardless, jonny b is a tank

hes fit af but has a weird build and if he looks pudgy its usually just his sweater making him look fat

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Kohli celebrating the runs he scores off inside edges and dropped catches like he's just pasted the bowler into the stands :laugh: