• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

************Official IPL 2020******

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Watching Dhoni in this state makes one wonder how he ever managed to score any runs. Probably the most glaring example of deteriorating hand-eye from a successful batsman in recent memory; his country-baked technique looks utterly incapable of compensating for that loss.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Big game tommorow if RR can give KXIP a bit of a thrashing it puts us (RCB in a very good situation) as biggest risk is KXIP and SRH so if KXIP get just 1 win but lose out badly on NRR means we can lose both of our remaining games (although hope that we win them) and still be well placed to go through as long as they are narrow defeats.

JOJOXI

Think RCB will win the next game and make it through as #2. Expect DC to finish 3rd too. Maybe KXIP will be the 4th.
Would agree, this is the first of the results post my prediction that has been wrong which would put KKR at 14pts with KXIP if my other predictions are correct - with KXIP almost certainly winning that battle v KKR on NRR. But always nice for qualification to be sealed as early as possible so if there are one or two poor performances at end of the league stage it only costs us a top 2 spot rather than a playoff spot completely.

JOJOXI

Such a fickle format though. RR have the kind of superstars that can crush you into oblivion on their night.
For me they are the exact reason I dislike the blanket statement of your best players should bat at the top and play the most amount of balls. Of course you need these star players to play enough balls that they make an impact but simply mindlessly putting your best players at the top leads to a top-heavy batting lineup where middle order batsman are batting way out of position or aren't all that great. The weakness in India at the moment seems to be middle order batting (for T20s) who bats 5 and 6 - MI have the Pandyas, DC have Pant but there are not all that many domestic batsman you can trust time and time again at 5 and 6. This isn't just hindsight either but it seemed obvious to open with Uthappa, I know Stokes played a great knock last time out but there is no way I'd open with him. I like the idea of Buttler as a finisher but he's done too well opening for RR to go away from that. I say finisher I really mean comes in at 11/12 overs mark gets himself in and explodes at the death.

Also, their Indian seam attack lacks a top player - I don't mind Rajpoot but he has had a poor IPL and whilst they have 12 overs they can bank on (Archer, Gopal and Tewatia) the best economy from a bowler outside of those 3 at RR is Tyagi at 9.41 rpo. They did play at Sharjah when scores over 200 were the norm but Unadkat has played only 2 of his 7 games at Sharjah and Tyagi 1 of his 8 matches there. T Curran has played 2 of his 5 games there but even in his 3 non Sharjah games he's gone at 10.82. Is there a case for going to Markande as a 3rd spinner or trying to get 4 overs out of Stokes + Parag + Lomror - can they do worse then the 4th and 5th bowling options are doing already for RR.

My XI would probably be: Uthappa, Buttler, S Smith, Samson, Parag, Stokes, Lomror, Tewatia, Archer, Gopal, Tyagi/Unadkat. Tell the batsman to be positive and that doesn't mean sixes from ball 1 but you can counterattack if you lose early wickets knowing you've got players who can hold a bat down to number 10. Whoever you think is the better death bowler out of Tyagi and Unadkat plays and hope Stokes does no worse then the other one of those 2 have been doing with Parag/Lomror there if the pitch is turning. If/when RR are definetly out the running can probably go back to a bowler extra using the games as almost practice/experience for next year

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The weakness in India at the moment seems to be middle order batting (for T20s) who bats 5 and 6 - MI have the Pandyas, DC have Pant but there are not all that many domestic batsman you can trust time and time again at 5 and 6.
DK for KKR too, FTR. And Jadeja is becoming one for CSK.

JOJOXI

DK for KKR too, FTR. And Jadeja is becoming one for CSK.
Yeah my bad missing out DK although not sure on Jadeja. A very nice player to have in an XI but not sure I see him as a 5/6 in the same way as the others mentioned - I'd see him more as a number 7 but even if we included him there is definetly a lack of depth in that area compared to say those who can open or play in the top order.

Pretty much every IPL franchise has at least 1 Indian opener who is good at IPL level if not in the reckoning for playing for India in T20s off the top of my head you have - Parthiv, Paddikal, Uthappa, Gill, Rohit, Rahul, Agarwal, Rahane, Dhawan, Shaw and probably others who can open. Add on to that the likes of Rana, Kohli, Raina, Samson, Iyer, Pandey who can easily play at 3 too.

Jaiswal is an exciting youngster too. Might just be me but Saha seems to do well when he opens too for SRH.

I know DC have stuttered a bit of late but to me there approach of packing the top order batting with domestic batsman is a good one - allows them to play 2 overseas pacers and still often have an overseas batsman at 5 and 6 and even if Hetmyer comes up to 4, Pant comes down to 5.

Aaron510

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
kxip is the reason I might watch the rest of the IPL. This team was in the bottom at one point.. Gayle what a champ!!! He turned this around for them!!

Aaron510

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
In a happier note.. Glenn Maxfail is truly living up to that name and proving that I was right about him.. he is the ****s.. very overrated.. he continued to prove me right!! Lol ?