• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

************Official IPL 2020******

Tom Flint

International Regular
What a story the punjabs are, they keep finding a way to win when it looks to be going against them. Gayle has looked like hes had a new lease of life. Being dropped from the cpl and at the start of this tournament seems to have woken him up.
Good sign for the windies with the t20 WC coming up

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
ABU DHABI

TEAMGAMESWONLOSTPOINTSREM GAMES
MI75210RCB
KKR85310
RCB2204MI, DC
RR4224KXIP
CSK3122KXIP
SRH3122
KXIP2020RR, CSK
DC3030RCB

DUBAI

DC5418SRH,MI
RCB7438
KXIP7438
SRH6336DC
CSK6336KKR
KKR1102CSK, RR
RR5142KKR
MI2020DC

SHARJAH

DC3306
RR3214
MI2204SRH
KXIP3214
RCB2112SRH
SRH1010RCB, MI
CSK3030
KKR3030

BATTING FIRST

TEAMGAMESWONLOSTPOINTS
DC86212
KKR85310
RCB6428
MI7438
SRH5326
KXIP4224
CSK4132
RR4132

BOWLING FIRST

TEAMGAMESWONLOSTPOINTS
KXIP8448
RR8448
MI4316
RCB5326
CSK8356
DC3122
KKR4132
SRH6152

JOJOXI

SRH are out of the IPL for me - need to win their last 3 games and hope other results go their way - but 2 of those games are at Sharjah v Mumbai and RCB - I could see them beating us (RCB) if they have a good day but hard to see them winning both of those games in Sharjah. That's even ignoring Delhi's impressive record in Dubai who are SRH's other opponents.

Sharjah has really screwed over KKR - not only have they lost all 3 games there but their 2 key rivals KXIP and RR have made a 4 point jump on them in the 3 Sharjah games alone.

Kings XI have 2 very winnable games in Abu Dhabi but need to improve their record of Played 2, lost 2 there (their 2 games so far there have been against KKR and MI - both sides effectively have Abu Dhabi as their home ground).

My Top 4 prediction

Mumbai Indians - 18pts
Royal Challengers Bangalore - 18pts
Delhi Capitals - 16pts
Kolkata Knight Riders - 16pts
Kings XI Punjab - 14pts
Rajasthan Royals - 12pts
Sunrisers Hyderabad - 10pts
Chennai Super Kings - 8pts.

For some odd reason I think there is another twist in the tail - KKR still have a good chance with 2 very winnable games and I fancy Rajasthan to beat Kings XI in Abu Dhabi. Delhi seem to be going through a slightly down patch and I've predicted SRH to beat them - that would also keep their hopes alive for a tiny bit longer before their 2 games in Sharjah. Having said that I've predicted Delhi to continue Mumbai's poor run in Dubai and Mumbai to beat RCB in Abu Dhabi. Outside that most of the results I've predicted go on current form.

Interesting seeing the Abu Dhabi and Dubai records with half an eye to the playoffs, Mumbai with a top 2 finish would need to win in Dubai at least once. Delhi would need to win in Abu Dhabi twice, having lost 3 in 3 there so far if they finished 3rd or 4th so this is a massive final few games for them. RCB still to play Mumbai and Delhi in Abu Dhabi and if they lose those games they probably play in the Eliminator and even if they win the Eliminator have to play the loser of MI and DC who would have beaten them recently at that very ground.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
A very interesting possibility -

If CSK/RR win both their remaining games and the other loses both, we will have KKR and KXIP stuck on 14 points. Both KKR and KXIP have their remaining two games against CSK and RR.

and

If SRH wins all their 3 games, which are against the top 3 (DC, MI and RCB), they will also land in 14 points.

and

The remaining games for the top 3 are against each other (the top 3 mini league I call it) and if they split it 1 win each, all of them will end on 14 points too.

This will finish with 6 teams on 14 points and only NRR seperating them. :laugh:

JOJOXI

A very interesting possibility -

If CSK/RR win both their remaining games and the other loses both, we will have KKR and KXIP stuck on 14 points. Both KKR and KXIP have their remaining two games against CSK and RR.

and

If SRH wins all their 3 games, which are against the top 3 (DC, MI and RCB), they will also land in 14 points.

and

The remaining games for the top 3 are against each other (the top 3 mini league I call it) and if they split it 1 win each, all of them will end on 14 points too.

This will finish with 6 teams on 14 points and only NRR seperating them. :laugh:

Top 3 already on 14pts but very possible you get them on 16 with 1 win each and potentially KKR and KXIP on 16 too - in such a scenario you assume KKR probably miss out or RCB do if KKR have a couple of massive wins

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Top 3 already on 14pts but very possible you get them on 16 with 1 win each and potentially KKR and KXIP on 16 too - in such a scenario you assume KKR probably miss out or RCB do if KKR have a couple of massive wins
Yeah, my mistake. I thought the top 3 were on 12 for some reason.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Delhi's fast bowling unit looks quite one dimensional. Individually they're quality, but they tend to lack variations/cutters at times and just bowl a hard length. Backing them to have a resurgence though

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Crapinfo seems to think 7 teams can finish on 14 even now... I think its impossible given the top 3 will play each other once and SRH once in their remaining games (including DC's loss to SRH yesterday). Most likely outcome is 3 teams on 16 and 3 teams on 14 and 1 team on 12.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Crapinfo seems to think 7 teams can finish on 14 even now... I think its impossible given the top 3 will play each other once and SRH once in their remaining games (including DC's loss to SRH yesterday). Most likely outcome is 3 teams on 16 and 3 teams on 14 and 1 team on 12.
It's a fun situation to be in though. MI and RCB probably finish top 2 but I'm loath to predict 3-4. DC can conceivably lose both remaining games against MI and RCB, and be tangled up with any or all of Punjab, RR, or KKR. The wild card here is Rajasthan who on their day can upset anyone. Hyderabad despite their NRR have to play MI and RCB which I don't see them getting the better of.