• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL 2009

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Patel goes. I think this inning will show how difficult it is to bat on this wicket considering how Tendulkar went about his business.

pasag

RTDAS
No use in pointing fingers this early in the comp, players still need a few matches to adjust and either way, it's hard to tell whether it was a good knock until Chennai bat.

Patel goes. I think this inning will show how difficult it is to bat on this wicket considering how Tendulkar went about his business.
And also give indication of how good a player Nayar is on even unhelpful surfaces. He tonked perhaps the greatest English bowler of this era.

I think Raina is key here. If he bats well, CSK will win.But his technical faults are glaringly obvious that I expect fine leg to come in, a deep midwicket posted and a barrage of short balls around his ribs. He is the Indian version of Habibul Bashar. Cannot play a pull to save his life, still attempts it every darn time.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
And also give indication of how good a player Nayar is on even unhelpful surfaces. He tonked perhaps the greatest English bowler of this era.
Of the three sixes Nayyar hit, two were way full - his strength area. The third six was way too short a ball and deserved the smacking it got.

Of the three sixes Nayyar hit, two were way full - his strength area. The third six was way too short a ball and deserved the smacking it got.
So what? Many players would struggle to put such balls for even boundaries facing Flintoff. He did the maximum damage to those balls. Surely a mark of a great player in hte making.

Haha, as expected Zaheer pees in his pants seeing Hayden. So much talk about him being the next Wasim Akram, :laugh: He has been good against weaker teams. But give him the real deal, and he looks a rabbit.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
So what? Many players would struggle to put such balls for even boundaries facing Flintoff. He did the maximum damage to those balls. Surely a mark of a great player in hte making.
You use the word great too easily. Not any where near yet in my mind.

You use the word great too easily. Not any where near yet in my mind.
No, he has all the qualities to make him good in the ODIs atleast, and perhaps tests after some time. He can be the elusive allrounder India are searching for in test cricket. He is a great in the making. Mark this post. You will worship me after 3-4 years, if am still around.

I think Raina is key here. If he bats well, CSK will win.But his technical faults are glaringly obvious that I expect fine leg to come in, a deep midwicket posted and a barrage of short balls around his ribs. He is the Indian version of Habibul Bashar. Cannot play a pull to save his life, still attempts it every darn time.
Just as I said.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
No, he has all the qualities to make him good in the ODIs atleast, and perhaps tests after some time. He can be the elusive allrounder India are searching for in test cricket. He is a great in the making. Mark this post. You will worship me after 3-4 years, if am still around.
I wont worship you because I know you are over rating him. He has potential, and mark, only potential, for a T20 and ODI call up but nothing more than that right now.

And some one ban this precambrian multi already.

I wont worship you because I know you are over rating him. He has potential, and mark, only potential, for a T20 and ODI call up but nothing more than that right now.

And some one ban this precambrian multi already.
I think you are vastly underrating him. He has everything in him to make him a good allrounder in ODis. Tests? Not now, but surely a year or two in ODIs will push him to next level.

So Zaheer finally manages to get some dots of Hayden. What class he is god damn. After monhts of retirement, comes back and bang bang as if he's hardly been away.