• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India vs England 2021 General Discussion thread

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Listening to Tuffers and Vaughan, they've really got alot of faith in Moeen. Both suggesting they'd bat him at 6!

I just don't see it. Pretty lucky to be a part of the squad imo

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Listening to Tuffers and Vaughan, they've really got alot of faith in Moeen. Both suggesting they'd bat him at 6!

I just don't see it. Pretty lucky to be a part of the squad imo
Yes I think heard some of this on the radio yesterday.

Tufnell especially doesn't seem to do much thinking about these things. Sure if Mo was playing as he did last time in India then batting him at 6 would be fine. This time around though he has no form, and hasn't played any cricket, so it's going to be a leap of faifth if they select him.

I think all those who haven't played any cricket are going to find it very hard coming in (obviously they won't all play) with the lack of gametime and net time. That's Burns, Stokes, Archer, Moeen, Woakes, Stone, Pope, Foakes. You add the fact that Sibley and Crawley haven't looked good against spin, and it's going to be an extremely tough side to select come the first and even second test.

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
Now we know that India need to win two tests (and not lose the other two tests) and England need to win a minimum of three tests to get to the Final at Lord's it will be interesting to see if it has any impact on the much touted rotation policy.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Now we know that India need to win two tests (and not lose the other two tests) and England need to win a minimum of three tests to get to the Final at Lord's it will be interesting to see if it has any impact on the much touted rotation policy.
India will get to final with a 2-1 win

Father Time

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
If they put Moeen Ali into this team I'm going straight back to sleep! Not good enough & does not deserve to be in the squad let alone selection for a Test match! What are the England selectors thinking?? I’m very concerned that England are unprepared & appearing to not take this tour seriously.

Last edited:

theegyptian

Still no official news about the uk tv rights less than 48 hours before the game. Doesn't give whoever gets the rights much time to get pundits together for the studio.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Still no official news about the uk tv rights less than 48 hours before the game. Doesn't give whoever gets the rights much time to get pundits together for the studio.
Every outlet seems to have announced that it will be shown on Channel 4 ...except Channel 4 themselves. I presume they must have the rights sewn up, maybe they are trying to secure their line up of pundits before formally announcing it themselves?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Every outlet seems to have announced that it will be shown on Channel 4 ...except Channel 4 themselves. I presume they must have the rights sewn up, maybe they are trying to secure their line up of pundits before formally announcing it themselves?
Or work out which of their channels to show it on.

theegyptian

You know England haven't got much chance when the English pundits and the bookies are predicting big india wins.

Just hope it's not an embarrassment of a series from England's pov.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Going to be such a different experience watching Indian batsmen on Indian pitches. Feels like an age ago that we last played at home. Enough palpitations these last two months, time to milk some bowling off docile wickets.