• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India vs England 2021 General Discussion thread

aitorita12

Cricket Spectator
My XI #
Rohit
Agarwal
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Saha
Ashwin
Axar
Kuldeep
Siraj
Ishant

Pant played some of the horrendous Test innings I've ever seen in the Australia series. I don't know why anyone would think he will start. Pant is so unorthodox its unbeliavable. He is just not good enough for the red ball game.

aitorita12

Cricket Spectator
yea I'm not a Pant fan but dropping him after what he did in Australia would be literal insanity.
Pant did absolutely nothing in Australia. He just got lucky. Saha played better innings in the 1st test than Pant did. In test cricket, it is not about runs scored, but balls faced and your mindset. Pant and Gill need to learn from Pujara on how to bat in Test cricket. Pujara was our MVP in the 4th test for good reason

If it were up to me, I would make Pant and Gill grind it in Ranji until they are 29-30 or so, so that they learn good temperament. Both batsmen played too many rash strokes in the series. They are too young, immature and reckless. Pant and Gill should only play Test cricket when they are 30 years. Right now they are way too young and rash.

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
England's likely XI?

Burns, BDSM, Crawley, Root, Stokes, Butler, Moeen, Jofra, Broad, Anderson, Leach/Bess

Six solid bowling options. Pace, swing, spin - available on tap for the skipper. Looks formidable on paper.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah
They'll play Pope/Lawrence for one of the paceman. Moeen at 7 just looks ugh. Also think they'll try to negate Ashwin/Sundar by playing a right hander if possible

greg

International Debutant
If this series does end up being shown on Channel 4 in the UK, when was the last time a test match abroad was shown on terrestrial television? Has it ever happened?

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
If this series does end up being shown on Channel 4 in the UK, when was the last time a test match abroad was shown on terrestrial television? Has it ever happened?
Sky for home and terrestrial for away series. Should take care of money for ECB and access for the masses?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
crapinfo said:
Meanwhile, all members of the India and England Test squads have returned negative Covid-19 tests and have been cleared to exit their bio-secure bubbles for training in the lead up to the first Test, which starts February 5.

Hopefully, all goes well. Maybe time for a thread for the first test?

Shady Slim

International Coach
not happy with an england series against not-australia getting a forum tbh, it'll make them think they own the place ffs

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Sounds like the whole tour (all tests, odis and t20s) on channel 4 which is pretty amazing, especially as I don't have any of sky/bt etc at present.

looks like guardian jumped the gun. This is better than deadline day.

Last edited: