• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India v Pakistan

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
and yester i said (on another site) afridi will score a 24 ball ball 40 odd

pitty im not a betting man lol

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Wasnt the just concluded ODI the 101th India Vs Pakistan Game?

Thats strange...such a stat went Unnoticed...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
deeps said:
All the Indian supporters are talkin about the lack of a quality all rounder. Well, there's some news for you. Sachin Tendulkar is a world class all rounder. Virendar Sehwag aint too bad either, as is mongia. That's all the bowling you will need!
Hmm, a world class all rounder does both to a very high standard, and bith Sehwag and Mongia have ordinary records.

IMO, having them as the 5th bowler is a big problem.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
social said:
Any way you look at it, the tests and ODIs have been a massive failure for India.
Question is, is it a massive failure or merely the true indication of where they stand in World Cricker?

Duncan

U19 Debutant
marc71178 said:
Question is, is it a massive failure or merely the true indication of where they stand in World Cricker?
IMHO, it's both. It was a massive failure to not win the Test series, and definetely to surrender a 2-0 lead and lose the series 4-2. But yeah, India does have a low ODI rank and they deserve it as of late. :blink:

deeps

International 12th Man
marc71178 said:
Hmm, a world class all rounder does both to a very high standard, and bith Sehwag and Mongia have ordinary records.

IMO, having them as the 5th bowler is a big problem.

i said that tendulkar is a world class all rounder, and said that sehwag and mongia aren't bad..

ie
tendulkar = world class all rounder
sehwag+mongia = not bad all rounders

tendulkar should be bowling 10 overs a match

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
deeps said:
i said that tendulkar is a world class all rounder, and said that sehwag and mongia aren't bad..

ie

Tendulkar is a useful bowler. World class allrounder? Hmmm...

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Tendulkar is a useful bowler. World class allrounder? Hmmm...
Tendulkar COULD be a world class ODI allrounder IF he was bowled more. I think he's underbowled in ODIs. He could be like a Gayle or Shoaib Malik.

redbaron

Cricket Spectator
deeps said:

ie

LOL yeh rite, get ure head right, tendulkar world class all-rounder??? i dont think so...hes been bowling on spinning paradises, what the hell do u expect from him, even dravid coulda bowled some offies and picked up a few.

Mr Mxyzptlk

redbaron said:
LOL yeh rite, get ure head right, tendulkar world class all-rounder??? i dont think so...hes been bowling on spinning paradises, what the hell do u expect from him, even dravid coulda bowled some offies and picked up a few.
Now that's under-rating the man. I've seen Tendulkar get turn on pitches that aren't tailored for spin. That may just be because I actually watch the cricket though.

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
wow just checked the score and who called in for the a$$ whooping of IND :)...Great for Pak to win, "without" the star shoaib akhtar...as for IND this is "AS GOOD AS IT GETS". At the end of 3rd test, I felt Ganguly as the captain can on take this team so far, and maybe his exclusion might help the team, I was wrong about the latter, as its clear IND team can suck just as bad without him. I feel the decline is actually the norm of this team. I think maybe the batsmen have a chance to perform better than they have, but early success in WC and some other tourney's was because of unexpected performances by the bowlers, at present time they are actually playing their potential, so all in all THIS IS AS GOOD AS IT WILL GET.

JustTool

State 12th Man
redbaron said:
Lol is right. These guys are so blinded by Tendulkar that they attribute all these non-existent qualities to him. Wisden has it right on Tendlukar - all along. Can you compare Steve Waugh and Tendulkar - not even close. Tendulkar was a MISERABLE failure as a captain and has been non-existent in real pressure situations. And when the time came the Suatralian Selectors moved on beyond Waugh. Wish the Indian Selectors had the courgae, wisdom and IQ to do the same. NOT A CHANCE.

JustTool

State 12th Man
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Now that's under-rating the man. I've seen Tendulkar get turn on pitches that aren't tailored for spin. That may just be because I actually watch the cricket though.
Getting 'turn' is not good bowling. Look at Kumble. You guys are all like little teenagers idolizing Tendulkar - maybe that's what you are?

Mr Mxyzptlk

JustTool said:
Lol is right. These guys are so blinded by Tendulkar that they attribute all these non-existent qualities to him. Wisden has it right on Tendlukar - all along. Can you compare Steve Waugh and Tendulkar - not even close. Tendulkar was a MISERABLE failure as a captain and has been non-existent in real pressure situations. And when the time came the Suatralian Selectors moved on beyond Waugh. Wish the Indian Selectors had the courgae, wisdom and IQ to do the same. NOT A CHANCE.
How is that related to his bowling?

deeps

International 12th Man
redbaron said:
actually you'll find that tendulkar gets more spin that most other spinners in the world.

If he bowled more often he would be easily world class

you need to get ur head right.

Mr Mxyzptlk

JustTool said:
Getting 'turn' is not good bowling. Look at Kumble. You guys are all like little teenagers idolizing Tendulkar - maybe that's what you are?
Try reading the post I responded to before telling me what my point is.

And no, Master Sachin is not my idol.