• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India v Pakistan

deeps

International 12th Man
JustTool said:
Lol is right. These guys are so blinded by Tendulkar that they attribute all these non-existent qualities to him. Wisden has it right on Tendlukar - all along. Can you compare Steve Waugh and Tendulkar - not even close. Tendulkar was a MISERABLE failure as a captain and has been non-existent in real pressure situations. And when the time came the Suatralian Selectors moved on beyond Waugh. Wish the Indian Selectors had the courgae, wisdom and IQ to do the same. NOT A CHANCE.

actually, if yo've read my posts around the forum, you will find that i agree with you in terms of his batting. In pressure situations, he goes missing with the bat. But he is a more than adequate quality bowler.

If you actually read my post, you would see me referring to his BOWLING, and not his batting

and if yo'ur going to say that "an all rounder needs to be able to bat" well the prerequisite for an all rounder is USUALLY an avg of 30+, and tendulkar meets it.

He is a good batsman, but he will not help you in a pressure situation. STill an all rounder none the less

JustTool

State 12th Man
deeps said:
actually you'll find that tendulkar gets more spin that most other spinners in the world.

If he bowled more often he would be easily world class

you need to get ur head right.
He has certainly been batting mor eoften and look what happened....you got to be crazy thinking that Tendulkar can become a bowler - in his declining twilight years...... :blink:

deeps

International 12th Man
JustTool said:
He has certainly been batting mor eoften and look what happened....you got to be crazy thinking that Tendulkar can become a bowler - in his declining twilight years...... :blink:
well up till that post, i had some respect for your opinion on tendulkar... but now it's obvious that you'r just blatantly biased against him. Now you'r just another one of those tools that aren't worth replying to.

cya

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
India are still a good test side...... And I think, they can hang on to the no.3 spot in the test ratings but in ODIs, some serious consideration should be given to this idea of playing with 5 bowlers....... India have stagnated in ODIs since the 2003 WC and a few fresh legs won't be a bad idea to get us back into the groove.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
deeps said:
i said that tendulkar is a world class all rounder
And that is what I questioned.

His bowling is far from all rounder quality, and it would only increase the pressure on him, which is not good for him.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
deeps said:
actually you'll find that tendulkar gets more spin that most other spinners in the world.

If he bowled more often he would be easily world class
You have a very wide definition of World Class in that case.

It would mean just about every side in the world has a world class spinner, when in reality there's only a handful of these in the world.

deeps

International 12th Man
marc71178 said:
And that is what I questioned.

His bowling is far from all rounder quality, and it would only increase the pressure on him, which is not good for him.
ok well most people consider jacques kallis to be a world class all rounder

in their last 100 matches one day matches of course, coz that's what i was referring to before.

Kallis averages 34.30 with the ball, and tendulkar averages 37.30

Tendulkar has bowled in that time, 348.5 overs in comparison to 660.5 off kallis. which is almost twice as many overs

Tendulkar has exactly 50 wickets in that time, where kallis has 95... which shows the similarity in their strike rates...which is proven by the statistics
SR Kallis = 41.7
SR Tendulkar = 41.8

Kallis has two 4 wicket hauls and one 5 wicket haul in that time, as compared to tendulkars one of each.

Kallis' best bowling = 5/41
Tendulkar = 5/50

is there really that much of a difference?

nehrafan

Banned
I thought the toss played a vital role in the outcome of the last match!

But anyway, Pak were a bit better team than India in Oneday series, and i guess they deserved to be the winners.

In test matches India were a far superior team, unfortunately India didn't showed enough determination and hunger for win and as such Pak snatched a draw.

I think if India had shown the same dedication and determination that they showed playing in Pak against Pak last year, then they would have surely won both the test and OD series.Unfortunately Ganguly was out of sort in this series and as such wasn't able to motivate India to another historic win.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
nehrafan said:
What did the toss have to do with India getting all out for so less runs after the bowlers were smashed all over the park!

The Indian ODI team has been average after the series in Pakistan. Face it.

nehrafan

Banned
Pratyush said:
What did the toss have to do with India getting all out for so less runs after the bowlers were smashed all over the park!

The Indian ODI team has been average after the series in Pakistan. Face it.

The wkt started breaking up, the ball was keeping low in second innings.AS the match progressed, the wkt became difficult to bat.

I'm not trying to defend Indian batters, but the fact is that batting in 2nd innings wasn't easy.

A team that drops vital cathes of Malik and Inzi deserves to be losers, had those catches been taken things might have been different :@

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
nehrafan :

Yes sure. If India had batted first they would have lost by wickets instead of runs. :sleep:

In test matches India were a far superior team, unfortunately India didn't showed enough determination and hunger for win and as such Pak snatched a draw.
What a dastardly, underhand thing to do, particularly when the opponent was so hunger-less !! :@

I think if India had shown the same dedication and determination that they showed playing in Pak against Pak last year, then they would have surely won both the test and OD series.
If auntie had moustaches I am sure she would have been uncle. :sleep:

Unfortunately Ganguly was out of sort in this series and as such wasn't able to motivate India to another historic win
Of course !!! And the papers would read...

India win 6th ODI in a canter with 13 overs to spare !!

SCORECARD

Pakistan : 303 for 8 (50) overs.

India 144+ Ganguly+motivation all out (37 overs)​

Last edited:

deeps

International 12th Man
nehrafan said:
But anyway, Pak were a bit better team than India in Oneday series, and i guess they deserved to be the winners.

a BIT better???? India were totally outclassed in most of the ODI's. the result was 4-2 which PROVES that the pakistan team is the superior ODI team.

In tests, india managed one win, pakistan managed one, and the other was a tie.

This means that both teams are equal, or very close, not a FAR superiour team as you say.

Another one of those indian supporters with their heads WAY up their ***

nehrafan

Banned
SJS said:
nehrafan :

Yes sure. If India had batted first they would have lost by wickets instead of runs. :sleep:

What a dastardly, underhand thing to do, particularly when the opponent was so hunger-less !! :@

I think if India had shown the same dedication and determination that they showed playing in Pak against Pak last year, then they would have surely won both the test and OD series.
If auntie had moustaches I am sure she would have been uncle. :sleep:

Unfortunately Ganguly was out of sort in this series and as such wasn't able to motivate India to another historic win
Of course !!! And the papers would read...

India win 6th ODI in a canter with 13 overs to spare !!

SCORECARD

Pakistan : 303 for 8 (50) overs.

India 144+ Ganguly+motivation all out (37 overs)​

Mate you need to calm down, there is no need to type in RED!

I can see ppl getting angry at Indian team and Ganguly, but i believe soon Indian team will be on right track.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
nehrafan said:
Mate you need to calm down, there is no need to type in RED!

I can see ppl getting angry at Indian team and Ganguly, but i believe soon Indian team will be on right track.
No my dear. I typed in red to differentiate between your words and mine. I wil change the colour if it upsets you :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
And as for Naved being bald, I suppose its beter to have nothing on top of your head than inside it :sleep:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
nehrafan said:
Yes i hope they wil be on the right track too. But they wont get there by making lame excuses for the losses.