• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** India in West Indies 2017

srbhkshk

International Captain
LOL if India ever go through a spell like ours we'll see how many of you turn up to talk :D .
Hehe, agree with this, I find it far harder to enjoy posting after India loses. I must give credit to English fans for this though, they seem to be least bothered by wins or losses.
(Not sure if that's a positive or negative. :ph34r: )

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
While a lot of us were posting everyday during 8-0, it pales in comparison to the mountain of crap that WI supporters have been facing. Hard to say that we wouldn't be disillusioned.

I think if you're playing the game then you'll probably always care though. It's such a great sport.

SillyCowCorner1

We are Windies, we are diehard fans of our team. Look at the celebrations of us when we kept taking wicket after wicket yesterday.

SillyCowCorner1

mate you shouldn't feel the need to only post when the West Indies are winning.

look how much **** I post here and I support Bangladesh ffs.

More West Indian posters in general here will always be welcome.
But BD never had the glory days as WI...perhaps it was 2015.

But Bangladesh, stll should taste success at the expense of all the legends retiring in the teams from the sub-con and further.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Those who watched - was Dhoni playing one of his trademark consolidate until the run rate gets out of hand and others get out trying to increase it knocks or did he genuinely have to fight theough all the crap that was going around him?
It was a combination of approach+injury+wickets falling at the other end at crucial times+his true struggle against some of the bowlers

Some of the bowlers bowled really well, not allowing Dhoni to rotate strike.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hehe, agree with this, I find it far harder to enjoy posting after India loses. I must give credit to English fans for this though, they seem to be least bothered by wins or losses.
(Not sure if that's a positive or negative. :ph34r: )
We only really care about losing to Australia, and when the unthinkable happens we simply airbrush it out of history - as I've often said there were no Ashes series between 1986/87 and 2005, and anyone who says anything different is either lying or deluded or both :whistling

Niall

International Coach
A 'typical Rahane ODI knock' is one in which he shows great promise, plays some gorgeous strokes, takes the team to a good position when he's playing well but fails to deliver the knock-out punch. That's what separates Rahane from very good ODI players.

The Indian Ian Bell.

SillyCowCorner1

Should India get rid of MS permanently and make that slot for Pant or DK?

I think Pant is still too young to debut.
DK is a journey-man..they have to have another dude as backup to Pant. Sanju been on the scene for a few years, but has not really impressed the selectors. Lokesh can keep, but India want him as a pure batsman.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I really dont think DK is a journeyman. He has the ability to play at the level but just seems to make the wrong decisions often. And he has been tearing up the domestics, so he deserves his shot. I would like to see a middle order like this pretty soon for us, given how our top 3 seem to make it a mission to start slow and build a foundation than go for it at the top.

Rohit (vc)
Dhawan
Kohli (c)
Raina
Jadhav
Pant (wk)
Pandya
Chawla / 2nd spinner / 4th seamer
Kuldeep
Bhuvi
Bumrah

If our top 3 will eat upto 25-30 overs just about every game, you want people who can come in and get on with it straightaway than guys who take time to get set like Yuvi and MSD are currently. We need to try this batting line up at least for a while and see if that will click. We will be kinda busted if we lose all our top 3 in the first 15 some day but I dont think its worth risking a Rahane/Dhoni/Yuvi type. Or maybe we can fit in one of them alone as a #4?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I really dont think DK is a journeyman. He has the ability to play at the level but just seems to make the wrong decisions often. And he has been tearing up the domestics, so he deserves his shot. I would like to see a middle order like this pretty soon for us, given how our top 3 seem to make it a mission to start slow and build a foundation than go for it at the top.

Rohit (vc)
Dhawan
Kohli (c)
Raina
Jadhav
Pant (wk)
Pandya
Chawla / 2nd spinner / 4th seamer
Kuldeep
Bhuvi
Bumrah

If our top 3 will eat upto 25-30 overs just about every game, you want people who can come in and get on with it straightaway than guys who take time to get set like Yuvi and MSD are currently. We need to try this batting line up at least for a while and see if that will click. We will be kinda busted if we lose all our top 3 in the first 15 some day but I dont think its worth risking a Rahane/Dhoni/Yuvi type. Or maybe we can fit in one of them alone as a #4?
Except Jadeja for Chawla, I agree with this team. Jadeja is just going through a bad patch and I am sure he will come out of it. Also, if KL can get back to form, he can also fit in at 4.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
KL is a good opener though, so it makes no sense to mess up his career. I would actually be ok if KL moved to open and Rohit moved down to 4. We can have an actual aggressive pair up top and cushioning of middle order with Raina/Jadhav, Pandya, Pant rounding it off. I would love to put Jaddu there but he is a very defensive spinner, excellent fielder and an almost useless ODI batsman these days. That package is not going to help the side, sadly. I hope he gets more hits for his domestic and IPL teams as we go on so that he plays a better role for us with the bat. Then it would be ok to have him there ahead of Chawla.