• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** India in West Indies 2017

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wowwww! My Windies.

Thriller. Holder, what a bowling performance. Never ever give Chase to bowl in this format again

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I think his point is that even when Rahane is having a good day, he'll not win you the game. That's a stark difference between him and the others vying for the spot, Dhawan, Sharma, etc.
Yes this exactly

I was struggling to frame my statement as I am a big fan of 'Rahane the test player' and 'Rahane the man'. I hate to say anything bad about him. He's easily my 2nd favorite among current Indian cricketers after Ash.

Daemon

This west indies team is a sham.

No Gayle. No Sammy. No Pollard. No Samuels. No Fletcher. No Narine. No Bravo. No Braithwaithe.

Where are they? Dispute with the board over payment?

But WI players have better central contracts than Zimabwe and Bangladesh. Is the living standard that high in those islands that if offsets the reward? I don't know. You should have some pride to play for your country. Maybe that is the root problem, the fact that the West Indies is not a real nation
Half those players you mentioned have rightly been dropped.

Daemon

Those who watched - was Dhoni playing one of his trademark consolidate until the run rate gets out of hand and others get out trying to increase it knocks or did he genuinely have to fight theough all the crap that was going around him?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I didn't watch the innings either but you cannot keep saying the top order has to make runs. There are times when the top order ****s up and the middle order has to man up. Definitely looks like a miscalculation on MSD's part coz from what I saw from the last game, this is not an easy ground to score quickly on when the wicket is tacky like it seems to have been here. Also, a track where spinners could do well and Jaddu still goes at almost 5 an over and that is a worrying sign. Well done to the Windies. MSD is one of the ATGs and they beat him playing his own game. Though it does seem to be happening more and more these days, that is still an awesome awesome effort with the ball.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I would like preface what I am about to say with the fact that I did not see yesterday's game. But the one thing that Sachin did well as he went through different stages of his career was to adapt his game to ensure he was still making important contributions to the team irrespective of what abilities he was losing as a player. MS needs to understand that given his last over heroics and finding the boundary at will at the slog has been deserting him for the last 2 years or so, its important for him to start quicker at the top of the innings. I know it would help him greatly if he played up the order but he also needs to see how he can hit through the field in case he walks in with more fielders inside the circle. The number of dot balls he plays at that stage is what gets him into all sorts of tangle these days, given that he cant make up for it with the big hits later on like he used to.

Also, I kinda understand why they are not playing Pant in this series. These are hardly the conditions you wanna blood a young strokemaker in. Hopefully he will get a go in the Sri Lanka ODI series. Maybe they can give the series off for both Yuvi and MSD and see what the next gen can do batting in those numbers. I would probably rest Kohli, Ashwin, Jadeja, Umesh and Bhuvi too, given all these guys will be needed in the test matches there.

Dhawan
Rohit (c)
Rahane
Karthik
Jadhav
Pant (wk)
Pandya
Kuldeep
Piyush / Chahal
Shami
Bumrah

Ishant, and few others to round the squad off.

cnerd123

likes this
Pretty sad how Dhoni has gone from the best finisher in the world to whatever the **** this is.
the weird thing is that his SR in the last 2 years is the basically the same as his career SR - 86.22 vs 88.69

However, his SR in the second innings over this period has been 69.16

Which is a bit shocking.

srbhkshk

International Captain
the weird thing is that his SR in the last 2 years is the basically the same as his career SR - 86.22 vs 88.69

However, his SR in the second innings over this period has been 69.16

Which is a bit shocking.
His approach in the second innings has always been to get himself/stay there till 45th over or even later and then go for runs in the last 5 overs of the innings, he can still do the staying part but falters miserably now a days in the acceleration. Even his supposedly best innings against England was rather scratchy this year.

Additionally there is an inability to land the finishing blow. (Zimbabwe ODI , WI T20 where both teams scored 240+ and he couldn't get a single on the last ball.). So even though his stats might remain the same (He played a decent innings in the WI T20), he is not getting the wins now.

To me it looks like an age issue, but I've never known MSD as someone who will embarrass himself once he can't do it any longer, it's probably the case that he himself sees it as a form issue and believes he can hang on till 2019 ( He really really wants another world cup, dude's the most emotionless person you would have ever seen, but couldn't hide them after that Semis loss.)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
which is all true. That is why I feel he needs to reinvent himself as a batsman. Lets face it, when even someone as good as Sachin has to do that to keep himself relevant in the game, surely MSD should try that too.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!! :notworthy:thumbup::tongue::naughty::clapping::jump::Jumpy::toot::cheers:

I've been so disillusioned with our cricket that I was too embarrassed to show my face tbh :laugh: . And no doubt normal crapness will be resumed in the next game at Bina . BUT, it was nice to see the guys show a little fight for once. The batting is still a major concern but what a performance by the bowling unit. Remember, India chasing with Kohli in the line-up is usually a torrid task. So to defend such a low total is heartening. Right now from top to bottom it feels like the success of last year is coming back to haunt us. Our cricket needs serious change but I'll take this crumb of glory for now. Just can't wait to see Bravo, Narine, Carlos, Pollard and possibly Samuels return to our one day team. No question we'd be much better off for it.

cnerd123

likes this
mate you shouldn't feel the need to only post when the West Indies are winning.

look how much **** I post here and I support Bangladesh ffs.

More West Indian posters in general here will always be welcome.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I will try to post more often but it's tough to watch our performances right now tbh. What really is there to say? We're at our lowest ebb at the moment, no two ways about it. And unless we sort out our structure that has some massive holes within it, the losses will continue. I can't even bare to think about what awaits us in our tour of England in the months ahead.

cnerd123

likes this
just join the convo in the thread. Not all your posts need to be celebrating the teams wins. Can just comment on cricket that's happening, on cricket news, give some insights to some new talents who the rest of us may not know as well, enjoy the memes as they emerge, listen to the podcast...

Shri

Mr. Glass
I will try to post more often but it's tough to watch our performances right now tbh. What really is there to say? We're at our lowest ebb at the moment, no two ways about it. And unless we sort out our structure that has some massive holes within it, the losses will continue. I can't even bare to think about what awaits us in our tour of England in the months ahead.
Windie "Fair" Weathers