• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Sri Lanka

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
adelaide was nothing like kolkota....that test was unique...
Indeed. India's win at Adelaide is easy to comprehend. We batted poorly in the second innings, whilst Ajit Agarkar, for once, lived up to his own hype in the same innings.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
You have to be a bit careful: Warnapura is yet to play in Eng, NZ, Aus or SA. I think the jury is still out on him. Vandort in my eyes is safe as houses because he's stood up on tough tours. But I think he needs to work serious on his game to succeed on the subcontinent.

I haven't seen Paranavitana, but apparently he is promising.
Udawatta and Tharanga are technically still ahead of Paranavitana in the pecking order, so he might need to do a bit more to expand his game. Personally I would have Paranavitana in the side ahead of Prassana Jayawardene and play Sangakkara at 4 or below. But that not going to happen.

lionheart

School Boy/Girl Captain
Udawatta and Tharanga are technically still ahead of Paranavitana in the pecking order, so he might need to do a bit more to expand his game. Personally I would have Paranavitana in the side ahead of Prassana Jayawardene and play Sangakkara at 4 or below. But that not going to happen.
I think you are right about Udawatta. What do you think about Tharanga? I don't think we're going to see him again for a while. I hope he goes away to county and domestic cricket and works out his technical deficiencies. He could make a return to international cricket like Hayden or Langer if he did, but I doubt he has the mental resolve.

If Maharoof could deliver on his promise as an all-arounder, I'd cut Pras Jaya loose and play another bowler.

Migara

International Coach
Udawatta and Tharanga lack the technique for a openin batsman.They can survive in ODI game, but will be cruelly exposed in the test matches. Paranavithana is technically very sound and knows where his off stump is better than other two.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well at least Yuvraj has a future.......the "fab" 3 are past their use-thru dates.
Agree with Sanz. I'd trust a fifty year old decrepit Rahul Dravid over Yuvraj Singh in Test cricket. Now if you want to work in people like Badrinath, I'd be open to that.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Agree with Sanz. I'd trust a fifty year old decrepit Rahul Dravid over Yuvraj Singh in Test cricket. Now if you want to work in people like Badrinath, I'd be open to that.
I am open to anyone and everyone.................including Yuvraj Singh.

anoop4real

U19 12th Man
I think a campaign has already started to kick out Trimurtis ( Ganguly,Dravid and Sachin) from Indian team,.......people are having the opinion that they are a burden to Indian team, it seems that they are 100% sure in the case of Ganguly and Dravid......but Sachin still the Cricketting GOD in India.8-)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I think a campaign has already started to kick out Trimurtis ( Ganguly,Dravid and Sachin) from Indian team,.......people are having the opinion that they are a burden to Indian team, it seems that they are 100% sure in the case of Ganguly and Dravid......but Sachin still the Cricketting GOD in India.8-)
Yeah right and the same campaigners start begging for their return after their replacements perform worse. If it was left to these campaigners, Dravid would have been dropped for good in 1999, Kumble's career would have been over in 1998.

Sehwag is toast of the nation..but one poor series and he will declared a brainless freak.

Last edited:

anoop4real

U19 12th Man
Yeah right and the same campaigners start begging for their return after their replacements perform worse. If it was left to these campaigners, Dravid would have been dropped for good in 1999, Kumble's career would have been over in 1998.

Sehwag is toast of the nation..but one poor series and he will declared a brainless freak.
Hmm thats a point...lets us wait and see whats gonna happen after this defeat:)

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
OK, so how much of a rope do you want to give the "fab" 3? How about putting a figure of number of tests/series they need to fail to be evicted. Mind you in the last 15 yrs or so not many Indian players retired voluntarily, except for chaps like Srinath etc, they all had to be dropped.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Udawatta and Tharanga lack the technique for a openin batsman.They can survive in ODI game, but will be cruelly exposed in the test matches. Paranavithana is technically very sound and knows where his off stump is better than other two.
I don't disagree with you just pointing out the pecking order, going by selections recently in A sides and Board XI.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!

To be fair, Dravid has been poor for a long time now. Sachin, Ganguly, Laxman have all had one bad (and very difficult) series, i wouldn't give any time to anyone who advocates dropping them. Personally, if everyone was fit i'd have Badrinath in for Dravid and leave the rest of the batting lineup as is.

masterblaster

International Captain
Would love to see a Gambhir and Badrinath batting partnership. Two of the most prolific in domestic cricket showing what they have in International Cricket would be awesome to see. Gambhir although has already proved that he belongs in international cricket.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Who would of known?

ret

International Debutant
congrats to SL for winning the test series

opening, which is traditionally a weak area for India compared to the middle order, has now turned into a stronger area!!! what a turn-around for Indian opening :laugh:

the middle-order is so fragile that it would have made sense to play an extra bowler