• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
If Zaheer is missing it would be a big blow to India. Then the third fast bowler is an inexperienced one since both are new comers to along with inconsistent Sreesanth and Ishant. Zaheer forms such vital part in the bowling line up. Whatever maybe the case, i don't expect India to surrender meekly without a fight. SA will still have to earn victory although they seem the likely winners ultimately.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Sree is key now. SA mainly have right handers. So he should enjoy bowling against them. The only thing with Sree and Ishant is that they leak runs bad if they get it wrong. Still I can't wait for it to begin. I'm hoping for Sehwag / Gauti vs Morkel / Steyn first up. Was pretty anti-climatic when SA won the tosses earlier this year.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
You should have seen the last test between SAF vs Pak

Harris clearly is better than Botha
Botha was more attacking compared to harris, created more chances while he bowled IIRC. Was getting more turn of the wicket too. Harris bowled a more containing line. So tough choice because both are gonna suck against India.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Conversely, you should have watched SA v WI...

Judging anyone based on one game or one series is pretty flawed. I'd definitely take Botha ahead of Harris personally.

smash84

The Tiger King
Seems like Zaheer is carrying a groin injury and is not fit. Worst possible start we could have to the series.
Is this confirmed??? If this is true this will take a lot of sting out of the Indian attack. Not at all good for India and for a competitive series.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I thought Botha bowled very well against Pakistan in the ODI series, but it seems he struggled in the Tests. Then again, the pitch wasn't deteriorating and offering assistance to spinners on day 5, so it's tough to judge, especially as I didn't watch the Test matches.

morgieb

Neither are that impressive imo - at least Botha has batting on his side and the Yarps don't use their spinners to take wickets.

smash84

The Tiger King
Neither are that impressive imo - at least Botha has batting on his side and the Yarps don't use their spinners to take wickets.
True. As a rule of thumb you can expect the Pak batsman for making most pace bowlers look like McGrath and most spinners to look like Murali or Warne. Seriously, the batting sucks big time and had the pitches not been such pathetic roads in Abu Dhabi and Dubai you would have seen a lot of collapses.

morgieb

India will probably be rooted without Zaheer. Sharma and Sree aren't a patch on Morkel and Steyn and whoever the Yarps have as their 3rd seamer > whoever the Indians have. Unless they pick a 2nd spinner, who'll most likely be useless in SA.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I thought Botha bowled very well against Pakistan in the ODI series, but it seems he struggled in the Tests. Then again, the pitch wasn't deteriorating and offering assistance to spinners on day 5, so it's tough to judge, especially as I didn't watch the Test matches.
India is done and dusted now that Zak won't be playing.. :(

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Botha was more attacking compared to harris, created more chances while he bowled IIRC. Was getting more turn of the wicket too. Harris bowled a more containing line. So tough choice because both are gonna suck against India.
Defensive left arm spinners oddly tend to do well against India.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Unadkat to replace Zaheer and do well. Will be the next big thing for a few months before eventually occupying a slot in SS' wheel of mediocrity.:p