• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

Mike5181

International Captain
South Africa should be favourites in this series. Their bowling is easily the better of the two and their batting is rather strong as well.

smash84

The Tiger King
lol.. if you are categorizing Turb this way, you should do the same for GIMH and Burgey as well... There is nothing wrong in being an optimistic fan.. 8-)
let's just say i am not a big fan of overly optimistic fans :)......tbh I was only kidding. India have a very good chance of winning the wc IMO.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Are the South Africans playing any FC cricket before this series? There's so much talk about India's lack of preparation but I wouldn't be surprised if SA start out slow considering they just came back from those flat tracks in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.

India 2-1
Good point. Only AB and Morne have played any domestic cricket (1 40 over game) since returning from the Middle East. While Smith and Hash will be going into the game under injury clouds. Should be a close series.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Should check my track record before making such a big claim lil' guy. Considering you joined in Aug 2010, and I joined in Aug 2006, there's a good 4 years between us that you've missed.

I was a regular here up until recently when India started kicking some ass, and claimed the number 1 spot. According to your theory, shouldn't my posting have surged? I was calling on this golden period in Indian cricket since the moment I joined.

You see this avatar of mine? Lost it in a highly controversial and infamous avatar bet in India's last tour of Australia, which I still feel I was hard done-by with the level of incompetent umpiring. Anyway, that's another story.

I am also the guy who runs down the street with my shirt off each time India scores a win. Whether India score a win or a loss, whether India is number 1 or number last, I will forever remain a true Indian fan. I bleed blue, forever will.

I was there when India lost to Bangladesh in the last WC, scrutinized by each and every CW poster, and I was there when India lost to South Africa last time around. I am no stranger to disappointment my friend, no stranger at all. Yet I believe, I believe.
:notworthy

smash84

The Tiger King
is it a 3 test series??? Something tells me that every single match will be producing a result...damn...why are the days passing so slowly....

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
Not surprising. Prince has done well enough down the order.

SA has all but picked their squad for the first test but it'll be interesting if they play Ryan McLaren given how much they're touting a bouncy pitch. Also Smith is there so he looks like he's going to be playing.

Lopsy will get the start for sure. Harris and McLaren will be assessed.

Smith
Peterson
Amla
Kallis
AB
Prince
Boucher
Harris/McLaren
Steyn
Morkel
Tsotsobe

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Seems like Zaheer is carrying a groin injury and is not fit. Worst possible start we could have to the series.

morgieb

Botha > Harris. Both are being picked for the same role but Botha adds more to the table.

vcs

Seems like Zaheer is carrying a groin injury and is not fit. Worst possible start we could have to the series.
****. Damn ODIs. I could see this coming. We're well and truly ****ed if Zaheer can't play.