• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2021-22

Shri

Mr. Glass
this was lost because sa cheated with elgar lbw, pujara dropped 2 catches in the slips that i can remember and we strayed away from the formula that made us win away in aus and 2 games in eng - bowling tight and not conceding too many runs with the ball.

think our fast bowlers will slip back into mediocrity if they forget to bowl patiently instead of going for magic balls frequently

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Congratulations to Kagiso Rabada and Virat Kohli on earning the Johnny Walker trophies and making every step count.

cnerd123

likes this
What a waste of a spot Ashwin's been as well. One alright innings and next to nothing with the ball; wasn't even used as a stock bowler. Might as well have played the extra batsman.
Yea. Easier to say in hindsight though, especially given how Ash has played recently.

If Jaddu was fit he'd have played instead and would have added lots more value with bat and in the field while basically returning the same output with the ball. If anything he might have been more effective given all the righthanders in the SA lineup.

sunilz

International Regular
Congratulations RSA. We have been totally outplayed after Day 1 of 1st test . I guess it is very difficult to win overseas with non existent batting line up.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Hawkeye thing is obviously ridiculous, but the "Supersport focuses like a hawk on opposition malfeasance and turns a blind eye to what SA is doing" has been a low key conspiracy theory bubbling at least down here, and evidently in India too, for at least ten years, probably more.
Need the SA camera guys to go back to being pervs

Spark

Global Moderator
Which is pretty silly if you know anything about how the SA press treats its sportsman, very tabloid like; happy to praise when doing well but always looking for a way to pull them down.
I think it's more that there's a feeling that Supersport don't quite appreciate the distinction between broadcaster and participant.

I'm not endorsing this theory - how on earth would I know - but it is one that has been doing the rounds here for a long time. First I heard of it was in 2014 when Steyn reversed it around corners in PE when no one else could, and then SA got done for ball tampering in the very next away series.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
What a waste of a spot Ashwin's been as well. One alright innings and next to nothing with the ball; wasn't even used as a stock bowler. Might as well have played the extra batsman.
think India should have played Vihari in place of ashwin. Kohli seems fixated on having five bowlers but seeing neither jadeja nor Washington sundar was available, it made more sense with six batsmen four bowlers.
Neither Ashwin nor Shardul were good enough to bat at 7 in these conditions.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ticked a box as having a spin option but yes, contributed very little

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I think it's more that there's a feeling that Supersport don't quite appreciate the distinction between broadcaster and participant.
This is not unique to supersport amongst broadcasters... as has been seen by the other controversies around the world. Just that Aus, in particular, don't like having their integrity questioned.,

Spark

Global Moderator
This is not unique to supersport amongst broadcasters... as has been seen by the other controversies around the world. Just that Aus, in particular, don't like having their integrity questioned.,
I mean that's why I didn't give it much weight until now. That the Indian setup has come to the same conclusion is news to me, however; I presume they have reasons to think that beyond "they're all friends with Warner and Smith from the IPL and sympathise with them".