• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
find me a better opener and i might listen. guptill isn't perfect, but he's better than you and hendrix have ever given him credit for and he deserves to be in the team. he is certainly better than latham in the short forms at this stage. that may change with time.
[You] seem to think Guptill is the messiah
Hmmm... seems to be a bit of a contradiction here.

Anyway, KW WAG :wub:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
And Williamson, I'd hate to think how we'd have gone if Williamson hadn't fiftied every innings so far, because he's been the consistent reason we've salvaged ****ty starts.
70-odd off 80-odd is pretty well his game, is it not? He's shown signs in this series that when he's tried to force the pace, he gets out - around powerplays etc. I'm perfectly comfortable Gup isn't affecting him personally, the team sure and Jesse certainly, but Kane doesn't seem at all to be phased by what's gone before him.

For those better than me at Cricinfo, it must be a pretty select group of batsmen who have passed 50 in every innings in a five-match series?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Letting Dhoni get away with too many cheap overs from Kohli here. Still, this is another very solid middle overs effort.

banquetbear

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Four people who seem to think Guptill is the messiah do not constitute most of the forum. It's really only you, Kiwi Ninja and Athlai who have issues with what I say about Guptill - and considering you keep bringing my name up in relationship to him, it obviously seems you want to discuss the topic with me as much as you can.
...there is nothing more tiresome than a strawman attack. No-one treats Guptill as the "messiah." There are many people who follow along on these forums apart from Kiwi Ninja and Athlai and on behalf of the lurkers I'll just let you know that your constant harping on about Guptill is lame, boorish, and really really annoying. We all know how you feel. I can't stand Hesson: I think that Taylor should be Captain and I think I've mentioned it a couple of times here on the forum. But it would be painful if every time McCullum made a "bad" (subjectively) decision I would pop up and tell everyone "see I'm right!!!" So I refrain from doing so. Its just the polite thing to do.

Mike5181

International Captain
70-odd off 80-odd is pretty well his game, is it not? He's shown signs in this series that when he's tried to force the pace, he gets out - around powerplays etc. I'm perfectly comfortable Gup isn't affecting him personally, the team sure and Jesse certainly, but Kane doesn't seem at all to be phased by what's gone before him.

For those better than me at Cricinfo, it must be a pretty select group of batsmen who have passed 50 in every innings in a five-match series?
Just Kane and Yasir Hameed apparently.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I was thinking that too. Still, they can't leave it too long. New Zealand should still be targeting 290 here.