• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Dhoni's shot hasn't got enough flack. Was truly horrendous. Reminded me of Trent Bridge in 2011 when India just went down swinging instead of showing any proper fight to dig in.
It was awful even if he wasn't captain. Incredible that he survived their fall from grace in 2011, surely it's time for someone else to take the reins now?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It was awful even if he wasn't captain. Incredible that he survived their fall from grace in 2011, surely it's time for someone else to take the reins now?
Na, they will give him a home series which they will win and the cycle continues.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
My fellow Indian fans. I hate to interrupt the celebrations but I have bad news.

I was supposed to go to this Lord's test match but in the end couldn't make it. Instead I will be attending day 1 of the 3rd test in Southampton.

I remind you all of my record of attending Indian away cricket matches - 7 losses and 1 draw.

Never attended an Indian win outside of India. I may **** this series up :ph34r:
FMD this turned out even worse that I imagined. Apologies fellow Indian fans.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Jono to change his custom title to: England's MotS v India 2014.

Na, they will give him a home series which they will win and the cycle continues.
We can't even say that anymore after our tour there in 2012. Seriously, they went through a period where they lost 10 tests out of 12 against top six opposition in the space of 18 months and nothing changed in the Indian hierarchy. There really is nothing that will change it unless there are resignations.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was about to post the same thing

Dhoni has had at least 2 "Ashes" debacles (England & Oz tours), a bad home defeat (England) and now this team looks as if it has jumped off a cliff

The guy obviously wields huge power at home

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The best replacement candidate, Kohli, is in the worst form of his career. If Dhoni didn't go after 0-4 Eng, 0-4 Aus and 1-2 Eng in Ind, he's not going after winning a test at Lord's. Not when Kohli is copping the most criticism of his short career so far.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The best replacement candidate, Kohli, is in the worst form of his career. If Dhoni didn't go after 0-4 Eng, 0-4 Aus and 1-2 Eng in Ind, he's not going after winning a test at Lord's. Not when Kohli is copping the most criticism of his short career so far.
Surely the best replacement candidate would be someone who can actually play Test Cricket

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My gut feel is that Cook's batting is going the same way as Mark Taylor's did i.e. prolific > prolonged slump > inconsistent to the end of his career

There are just too many technical flaws that everyone in world cricket is aware of and a couple of test wins hasn't changed that

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
How did Dhoni actually bat in the 1st dig. Only saw highlights but unless he got pretty lucky would've thought it would've ranked pretty highly among his innings. Probably the earliest he's ever come in?