• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

pup11

International Coach
All right guys, here's the deal:

A couple of members in this thread are up on official warning and if the tone of the thread continues to stay in the gutter, more bans will be handed out. Posts like Cevno's post here are unacceptable and not conducive to the type of atmosphere we want on the forum. Attacks on nationality or race are not OK, and will not be tolerated. If you think all Australians/Indians are this way or that, keep it to yourself or you will be warned and/or banned. There is already a disturbing Asia vs. Rest mentality on here, and most of us are quite tired of it coming up in every tour thread, and especially when it gets over the top and borderline-racist as it has gotten in this thread.

The mod team and most members would appreciate for this thread to return to the usual high quality of match threads and if this doesn't happen, action will be taken. We will be watching this thread closely to make sure it flows smoothly for the rest of this series.
Well done mate it was about time some action was taken, the whole thread had a negative vibe to it with the ranting and trolling by some posters and certainly don't need that here.

passy

Cricket Spectator
But the Indian team from what i heard in the news are making up their minds to raise this particular incident in tomorrow's hearing, as they feel him standing his ground was a breach of code of conduct (or something like that) and he should be punished for that.
Indian team is trying to say that the Aussies are the one's showing un-sportsmen like behaviour on the field and they are the one's who deserve a rap on their knuckles!
And all things considered fair enough.

I am in no way defending what Clarke did in standing his ground in what was an obvious dismissal.

I also felt uncomfortable when Symonds did the same thing in the first innings.

*My* impression (please note the emphasis) was that Harbejan, after an excellent fifty expressed this same discomfort with Symonds in a wholly unacceptable manner. Henceforth Clarke standing his ground etc etc.

Wholly and solely my reading of the situation and so forth...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yuvraj Singh is not 100% fit, I am almost convinced now. He has been poor in the field, was grimacing while batting and has looked very much out of sorts. Saw a photograph taken by Alternative from the cricket today and he has a leg brace on. Makes you why he was selected for this game at all if he was not fit.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yuvraj Singh is not 100% fit, I am almost convinced now. He has been poor in the field, was grimacing while batting and has looked very much out of sorts. Saw a photograph taken by Alternative from the cricket today and he has a leg brace on. Makes you why he was selected for this game at all if he was not fit.
That would be so typical.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
That would be so typical.
No way. India cannot be stupid enough to displace Dravid for an injured batsman.

archie mac

International Coach
That guy is the worst writer on cricinfo, and it generally isn't a site known for its excellence in attracting particularly articulate staff. His writing is often full of outrageous hyperbole and a distorted sense of India's achievements.
Gideon Haigh:ph34r:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, agree with Hoggy here. Would've given that one.

All set up for a great last day, hopefully the rain stays away. IMO Australia don't have a reasonable chance of winning this Test, but India do. A draw is much more likely though. It'll be interesting to see how much the Australians back themselves to win.

Matt79

Global Moderator
That guy is the worst writer on cricinfo, and it generally isn't a site known for its excellence in attracting particularly articulate staff. His writing is often full of outrageous hyperbole and a distorted sense of India's achievements.
News to me. Must be why its the most respected and popular cricket resource on the web.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Wow, a mod actually did some modding.

Wonder if Kyle might do some one day. Other than changing thread names, of course. Can't doubt the importance of that work.