• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
anything under 300 i wouldnt like.. indian batting just too good
340 im looking at actually

as for Pup.. i dont think it was as clear cut as ppl are saying... sure, it went to first slip.. but it came off Dhoni's gloves (?) or it looked a bit like it did..
Anything over 300 will require an awesome bowling effort from Australia. Over 300 gives Jaffer and Dravid a license to stonewall the remaining 60-70 overs.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Any score above 275 requires Dhoni and Yvraj to open. :ph34r:
Interesting actually - you don't really want Dravid opening in his current mindset if they need to chase at >3 an over, but you don't want to send out Yuvraj and be 1/5 after the first five minutes either.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Interesting actually - you don't really want Dravid opening in his current mindset if they need to chase at >3 an over, but you don't want to send out Yuvraj and be 1/5 after the first five minutes either.
Dravid and Jaffer would still need to open IMO. They'd need to show a little more intent than they have so far this series, sure, but if they get out, they get out - Yuvraj and Dhoni would get out anyway. It's a lot easier to score more quickly than get out less regularly.

ozone

First Class Debutant
Thats probably the right idea, with the possibility of Yuvi or Dhoni coming in next - if the game needs them.
IMO, having Dhoni or Yuvraj coming in at 3 defeats the object when you're dropping VVS down the order who batted more fluently than anyone in the first innings.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
IMO, having Dhoni or Yuvraj coming in at 3 defeats the object when you're dropping VVS down the order who batted more fluently than anyone in the first innings.
True. I guess it all depends on the situation at hand. If Dravid/Jaffer do get India of to a good start with the possibility of winning being there, I have no objections with Yuvi/Dhoni coming up - unlikely to happen, but I think it is important India try to win this game considering that Perth is next. If an unlikely win, draw or even the possibility of a loss is present - normal batting order all the way.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Hussey and Symonds and all the batsmen to come are very capable of having a slog. Should be a very good fifth day.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
anything under 300 i wouldnt like.. indian batting just too good
340 im looking at actually
If they declare at 340, the Indians will be very happy. They'll likely only have to negotiate two sessions, or less.

I think India know they cannot win the game, so I think tomorrow they might just start slowing down their over rates and bowling to contain the runs.

passy

Cricket Spectator
Yeah, but I think it was cause he was shocked/shattered as opposed to trying to pull something. I think he would have walked had, for some unknowable reason, Bucknor not given him - but it just would have taken him another second to snap out of his paralysis.

But of course, that's just speculation on my part. Unless Clarke comes out and explains why he paused, we'll never know for sure what, if anything, he was thinking. But I repeat, I find it inconceivable he was trying to bluff his way out of that - noone could think an umpire could make such a bad mistake. Or he had some kind of brain explosion and was trying to make some kind of smart-ass point which was obviously lost on all of us who weren't temporarily insane. 8-)
I think his standing there has something to do with the "monkey' business the day before. I know Kumble was the bowler, but I believe there's bad feelings out there over *that* particular issue.

And rightly so.

passy

Cricket Spectator
No, never. Completely different players despite both being fantastic to watch. Lara always seemed to make it seem really easy whereas Hayden uses his size to dominate.
++++1

Hayden, great record he has, is *certainly* no Lara.

Brian was asleep or stoned most of his career....

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I'll say the same thing I said for Yuvraj:

It's a ridiculous rule, but by the rules Clarke and Yuvraj are both guilty of showing dissent.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Really, I remember the decisions well enough, but people call for the umpires to raise thier fingers, I don't see any issue for a player waiting until the finger is up for such dismissals.

I'll check this up in the morning.

Further more, was Yuvraj's first innings dismissal at the MCG out?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
All right guys, here's the deal:

A couple of members in this thread are up on official warning and if the tone of the thread continues to stay in the gutter, more bans will be handed out. Posts like Cevno's post here are unacceptable and not conducive to the type of atmosphere we want on the forum. Attacks on nationality or race are not OK, and will not be tolerated. If you think all Australians/Indians are this way or that, keep it to yourself or you will be warned and/or banned. There is already a disturbing Asia vs. Rest mentality on here, and most of us are quite tired of it coming up in every tour thread, and especially when it gets over the top and borderline-racist as it has gotten in this thread.

The mod team and most members would appreciate for this thread to return to the usual high quality of match threads and if this doesn't happen, action will be taken. We will be watching this thread closely to make sure it flows smoothly for the rest of this series.

pup11

International Coach
I think his standing there has something to do with the "monkey' business the day before. I know Kumble was the bowler, but I believe there's bad feelings out there over *that* particular issue.

And rightly so.
But the Indian team from what i heard in the news are making up their minds to raise this particular incident in tomorrow's hearing, as they feel him standing his ground was a breach of code of conduct (or something like that) and he should be punished for that.
Indian team is trying to say that the Aussies are the one's showing un-sportsmen like behaviour on the field and they are the one's who deserve a rap on their knuckles!

passy

Cricket Spectator
I don't think so .
I can't think for the life of me why not.

An Indian side picking on Andrew Symonds....

If (and a big if) the allegations against Harbhajan Singh are true it is nothing short of disgraceful.

If so, then the Australian side would be extremely annoyed (to say the least) and would be doing their utmost to get under the skin of the other side.

And once again, rightly so.

Although an Australian, I am no fanboy of the side; I am a fan of Cricket first and frankly am half wishing for an Indian series victory - but if their players cannot keep their prejudices in check they have lost my respect.