• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Matt79

Global Moderator
Don't mean to be antagonistic, but I'm actually having to lol at a few of the tanty's being thrown in here tonight. It was a poor day's umpiring. It happens. There were 2, maybe 3, decisions that went against India and at least one that went against Australia. At some stage in the series, no doubt Australia will have a similarly poor run. As I mentioned already, Ganguly was very lucky in his second innings in the 1st Test.

If people can't accept this without deciding that its a massive conspiracy to get India, or that the Australian team has somehow nobbled the umpires, they seriously need to get a grip, and maybe think about why they watch the sport in the first place. 8-)

BTW - this isn't to say that people aren't right to be disappointed or can't discuss umpiring decisions, but the overwrought dummy-spits that have occurred from some quarters are just quite funny/sad IMO.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
In fairness PEWS, no-one in this thread is talking him up as such. It's mainly been the TV folk. Between the decisions, he batted well and most here acknowledge it as a good but quite lucky knock.
Matt was a fair bit, actually. Can see why he would given he missed the first dire decision as well as other parts of the day and was living the moment when he came back to the action.

But I was just putting it back into perspective for him.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He was pretty slow at the start of his innings, during a difficult time. I think you should change the avatar! :happy:
Didn't grind his way to a ton though. Ground his way to 30, then got out, ground a little more, got out again, realised he it was his day and stroked his way to a ton. 100 off 130 or whatever it was is hardly a grind.

Craig

World Traveller
In fairness PEWS, no-one in this thread is talking him up as such. It's mainly been the TV folk. Between the decisions, he batted well and most here acknowledge it as a good but quite lucky knock.
Official, CW has the most knowledgeable cricket fans in the world :ph34r:

*shudders*

Matt79

Global Moderator
Well, I was talking him up like that. If the caught behind was as bad as PEWS says it was, then yeah, obviously that takes the gloss of the innings somewhat. As I said, I didn't think the stumping was out, or rather, I didn't think the third umpire made the wrong decision in calling it 'not out', so its 130 from 2 goes, not 3 for mine. And IMO it's still the sign of a good player to put your head down and make the opposition pay when you get a let off, be it a dropped catch or poor decision, so I'm still pleased with Symonds about that.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Matt was a fair bit, actually. Can see why he would given he missed the first dire decision and other parts of the day and was living the moment when he came back to the action.

Nah, wasn't at the game, just watching on telly at work (in between pretending to work).

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Matt was a fair bit, actually. Can see why he would given he missed the first dire decision and other parts of the day and was living the moment when he came back to the action.

Dammit, quoted this too late to correct you. ****.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Should make it clear I edited this. My point "a)" was so poorly worded that it meant something completely different to what I intended.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, beat you both with my edit. Didn't actually mean he was at the game, but given I said "He was at the game" I'm sure it could have been taken as such!! I should proof-read my posts.
Where do you work? Just so I know not to buy what you guys sell.

:D

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
ANUS!

Symonds - I have defended you through thick and thin. You've been a moron plenty, getting drunk before that Bangladesh game, being owned by Zaheer and bowling off-spin. Off-spin!! But through all of this, I've supported you. I know you can do this. Make a ton.
Haha, what a gun. So happy for him.

Vastly under-rated knock by Hogg today. Just awesome.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Clark and Lee bowl inswingers? I certainly have never seen them do so in test cricket. Lee swings the white ball away but in tests hes been incapable of doing that thus far.
Really? You've watched them I assume. It's a typo when you say Lee's never been capable of swinging the red ball away isn't it?